CHAPTER 12

♡♢♤♧

CHAPTER 12

Spook 12 - The 4pm bookstacks P.2

"Well? what'll it be?" Tsuchigomori asked. "You will talk? Won't you? It makes little difference to me."

"M-my secret.. It's probably obvious.. It did just happen but. My secret is.."

Hello! I'm Nene Yashiro, the pure hearted heroine. In an attempt to learn more about Hanako-kun. (Y/n), Minamoto, and I infiltrated school mystery no.5, the 4pm bookstacks. So how did it turn into this? Let's rewind a few minutes.

"School mystery number 5"

"I can't believe one of our teachers isn't human.." Kou said.

"It's really not that unusual. There are, in fact, quite a few supernaturals who have chosen to blend in with the humans. Us supernaturals need the rumors of us to keep circulating, or we can't stay on the near shore. A crucial part of that is spreading our own rumors. And, well, there are other reasons too. But the main thing is it's convenient. Who knows one of your friends might turn out to be something other than human." Tsuchigomori explained.

"But doesn't that mean we're in danger.!" Yashiro said.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. We're here to make sure no one gets hurt." Hanako said. "We are the school's seven mysteries!"

"We supervise all the supernaturals that exist in this school."

"And maintain proper relations between people and supernaturals."

"Well, the short version is, we do scare people, buuut we're a team of seven friends fighting on the side of justice to keep peace at the school. And I'm the leader!" Hanako said proudly.

"But there's only three of you." Kou said.

"And Yako-san was attacking students just a while ago" (Y/n) said.

"She's talking about you, stupid fox." Tsuchigomori said.

"Shut up, Emo spider. I'm gonna chew you to pieces." Yako said.

"And you're not friends." Yashiro said.

"That's zero outta three!!" Kou said.

"Come on , you two." Hanako pointed his knife at the mysteries. "We're friends."

"Yes, sir!"

"Like I was saying, we're a team of friends who keep peace at this school. But apparently one of us is a traitor. That traitor has tied their fate to a human somehow and is using that connection to spread rumors altered to suit their own purposes. As a result, the supernaturals at the school are turning savage. Number 2 was one of their victims."

"The rumors spread by a supernatural who is bound to a human are more effective the stronger the supernatural is. It was one thing to change the rumors of minor supernaturals with no seat number. But if they're powerful enough to affect one of us seven mysteries." Tsuchigomori said.

"Whoever's doing it must be a human tied to one of the seven mysteries."

"You mean there's someone out there like me and (Y/n)!?" Yashiro said.

"That means.." Kou said. "Wait what does that mean?"

"One of the seven mysteries and their human helper are causing mischief," Hanako said in simpler terms.

"So we just need to pound 'em right!!?"

"Well, yeah."

"But who would do such a thing?" (Y/n) asked.