CHAPTER 19

♡♢♤♧

CHAPTER 19

Spook 19 - Mitsuba P.2

"It's starting to rain.. Let's go inside.." Mitsuba and Kou entered the building.

"I was bullied when I was in elementary school.. I 'look like a girl,' I'm 'cocky'. Stupid reasons like that."

"Oh yeah.."

"Would you not agree, please?" Mitsuba said to Kou.

"S-sorry."

"Anyway.. That's why I wanted to try to make things work out in middle school. I'd take the hint, I'd be nice, so no one would call me cocky. I'd be friendly, but not pushy with everyone. And this is where it got me. 'A boring guy who barely stands out from the background.'.. Nobody bullied me.. But I only had one friend."

Kou looked at Mitsuba. 'That explains it.' Kou pointed at Mitsuba. "He's cocky!"

"Huh?"

"Looks like a girl. Sarcastic. Selfish. Has an annoying voice. Obsessed with his camera. Goes emo sometimes. And is only fake-nice."

"What's your deal!?"

"If anybody asks me, 'what kind of guy is Sousuke Mitsuba?' That's what I'm gonna tell 'em."

"Wha..?"

"I'm sorry I didn't realize it was you. I just didn't recognize you, because you were so different from when we met in first year.. And you know... I don't think you had to force anything. Just be yourself.." Kou began walking up the stairs to the balcony. "I do think you've got a warped personality. But I don't hate it."

"A lot of good that does me now.." Mitsuba said.

"Yeah.."

Mitsuba took pictures of the sky and birds from the balcony.

"Minamoto-kun."

"Hm?"

"If I were alive do you think we could have been friends.?" Mitsuba asked.

"Can't we still be friends, even if you are dead.?"

Mitsuba took a picture of Kou.

"Oh? What'd you take a picture of? The sky?"

"Who knows? Something important to me maybe?"

"Hm?"

"It doesn't matter! Let's go!" Mitsuba shoved Kou inside the building. "You can help me develop them tomorrow!"

The two were now inside.

"Kou-kun! There you are!" (Y/n) waved to the boy. "Hello Ghost-kun!" she smiled at Mitsuba.

"Oh, (Y/n)-chan. Remember Mitsuba..?" Kou asked.

"How could I forget him.. I still miss him sometimes, you know." She smiled.

Kou gestured to Mitsuba.

"Wait..Is that really.." She looked at Mitsuba. "MITSUBA-KUN!? IS THAT REALLY YOU!" She ran over and hugged the boy. "I missed you a lot.! I'm sorry I didn't notice you!" she whined.

Mitsuba smiled. "Get off of me. You're going to ruin my face."

"Huh? Oh ok! Sorry!"

"Well, okay! Let's pick this up tomorrow.!" Kou said. He grabbed (Y/n)s arm and dragged her over to him.

"Yeah. I'll be waiting at the entran-"

"Miii-tsuuu-ba-kun." A voice said. "It bothers me when you do these things." Tsukasa said.

The three turned over to see Tsukasa.

"Hanako..?" Kou said. 'No it's not him. Who is this kid..!?'

(Y/n) noticed that it was the boy from the roof that day. "Y-you.."

"Trying to move on without a word to me." Tsukasa said to Mitsuba. "We can't have that." His hand went through Mitsuba.

"Ah?" Mitsubas eyes went wide. And he fell to the ground.

"Wh-" Kou charged at Tsukasa. "What the hell are you doing!!?"

Tsukasa slammed Kou's head on the wall. "Remember, Mitsuba? You asked me to grant your wish! You said, 'I want to stay in everyone's memories.' now you have two people and you're happy with that? No you're not." Tsukasa was holding Mitsuba by his hair. "Are you Mitsuba?"

"W-wait, damn you.. Who do you think you are..? Don't you dare touch Mitsuba.. DON'T YOU LAY A HAND ON MY FRIEND...!!"

"..wow" Tsukasa's wisp knocked Kou back. "I am a supernatural. For the right price I will grant the wish of whoever summons me." He was holding Mitsuba now. "Amane grants wishes of the living on the near shore, and I grant the wishes of the dead on the far shore. He made a wish, and I answered. And now I'm going to make his wish come true. And I'm going to do it my way." He now had a radio.

(Y/n) was still. She was scared, yet she still decided to speak. "Tsukasa? T-that's your name right..?"

"Huh?" Tsukasa now noticed (Y/n). "OH! (Y/N)-CHAN! You remember me!?" Tsukasa said.

"Please.. Stop.. this isn't right.." She whispered.

"My dearest (Y/n)-chan.. This is my job.. I'm sorry.." Tsukasa smiled at her. "Okay, Mitsuba. It's time to grant your wish!" He turned to the radio. "Sakura! We're all ready!"

"Got it."

Have you heard this rumor?

The neck bent boy at the school entrance

They say a ghost with a broken neck

Appears at the school entrance to the middle school division.

He is a very lonely ghost

So he might talk to you.

He'll say

"Hey.. did you forget about me?"

"AH!"

"WAH!"

"Mitsuba.." Kou muttered.

If you can't tell him his name..

Then..

He'll break your neck to make you look like him

"Ngh."

"Wah."

"NO!"

"Ah.."

"This can't be real. Mitsuba!" Kou yelled.

"Mitsuba.." (Y/n) muttered, tears were spilling out of her eyes. "STOP IT PLEASE!"

"(Y/n)-chan..Mitsuba-kun.."

Tsukasa turned the knob to the radio. "There.. Now no one will ever forget you. Good for you..Mitsuba!"

Kou and (Y/n) were still they couldn't move.

♡♢♤♧

"Is something wrong, Hakujoudai.?" Hanako asked.

Hanako's breath hitched, his eyes widening.

♡♢♤♧

"The school's seven mysteries say they can maintain correct relationships between humans and supernaturals.. But who needs that? Humans and supernaturals should just be however they want." Tsukasa's wisp got a hold of (Y/n) and dragged her over to him, he held her close with one arm. "If that's enough to break the world.. Then it's better off broken.. Don't you think?"

(( I'm on a roll today, another short chapter sorry! ))