Chapter 17

Elena had spent the last of her weekend listening to stories of Stefan's past. The monster that he was in the early years of his vampirism. How he sought revenge against the founding families. About Damon leaving him. And how he met Lexi. How she saved his life and brought him back to how he was.

In the midst of it all, Damon, Stefan, and everyone back in town were planning to kill Elijah. To get rid of him and her deal along with him. They just made a simple mistake, not leaving the dagger inside, and killing him simply made him angry.

Elijah had found them at the Lakehouse, where Elena tried to renegotiate their deal. He denied it.

So she negotiated with the only thing she had left. Herself.

Stabbing herself when Elijah called her bluff until he finally gave his word. Only to get stabbed by the dagger Elena kept hidden.

Now he lay decomposed in the Salvatore dungeons.

-

Elena rushed out of the bathroom and into Stefan's bedroom. "Stefan, we're late for school."

Stefan sat on the bed with Natalie standing in front of him as he zipped up her jacket. "Let's be later." He smoothed out Natalie's clothes. "Ok, all done sweetheart go and play."

"Thanks, Daddy!" Natalie ran off to the other side of the room, where all her toys lay.

"Stefan, it's school. Remember that thing we keep forgetting about?" Elena laughed as Stefan went up behind her to give her a kiss.

"School? Doesn't ring a bell." He leaned to give her a kiss before picking her up by the legs and leading her to his bed.

"Stefan," Elena giggled. "Stefan there is a child present."

They laid on the bed with a huff. "She's distracted by all her toys, plus I'm only kissing you." He said as he kissed her cheek.

"Daddy."

They both froze. Turning to see Natalie looking at them with a pout

"Mama, 'm hungry."

Stefan sighed and let his head drop a bit. "I got it." He said, giving Elena a kiss as she muttered thank you.

Natalie stood with her arms in the air as she patiently waited for Stefan to come to her. "I want waffles." She stated.

He chuckled as he picked her up. "You can have anything in the kitchen, sweetie."

They were halfway down the stairs when they heard a loud thud and harsh voices.

Stefan sped down the stairs and was met with the sight of Damon holding Elena by the throat.

"What the hell is going on here?" Stefan asked. Natalie simply tucked her face into his neck, gripping his shirt.

'Elena' pushed Damon away from her. "I don't know, you tell me. Is Katherine in the tomb or not?"

Stefan's eyes widened as he looked up the stairs. "Damon."

"Got it." Damon quickly walked over and grabbed Natalie from Stefan before he vamped up the stairs.

Natalie fought against him. "No!" She kicked and screamed as he tried to calm her down. "I want mama!"

"Elena, can you-" Damon turned to see 'Elena' gone. "Shit."

Natalie finally calmed down and went limb. Damon adjusted her so she had her head on his shoulder. "C'mon, let's find out which one is your mom."

The moment Damon walked through Stefan's door and let Natalie go, she ran to her mom who enveloped her in a hug. Natalie was suspicious of her mama's lookalike, throwing Katherine looks from over her mom's shoulder.