Chapter 3

Rocking back and forward, Elena tried to coax Natalie back to sleep. "C'mon nat, aren't you tired I'm sure you want to sleep some more," Elena said.

Natalie squirmed in her mother's arms until she finally set her down. Pointing at the door, with her stuffed bear in hand, "Mama. Mickey."

Elena sighed accepting that she won't go back to sleep anytime soon. "Ok we'll go watch some mickey, but before that, I have to talk to uncle Jeremy, Ok moon?"

Natalie nodded happily, she scurried to Elena and let out a squeal as she picked her up.

-

Setting down Natalie with her toys, Elena walks back into the living room, "I told Jeremy. I can't lie to him anymore." Elena said.

Stefan walked up to Elena, "Are you all right?" He asked, rubbing Elena's forearms.

Elena shook her head. "No, I'm not all right. I thought with all the tomb vampires gone, things would get better."

"I know. We all did." Stefan said.

With sudden realization, Elena said. "Katherine was in this house, that means that she's been invited in. What are we going to do?

"Move." Damon said, smirking.

"Sure, I'll go right ahead and pack all our stuff and move right out. Very helpful. Thank you." Elena retorted, rolling her eyes.

"Katherine wants you dead, there's zero you can do about it. You would be dead. But you're not. So clearly, She has other plans." Damon said.

Elena sat down at the dining room table as Stefan stood behind her. "Right, and we need to find out what those other plans are and not provoke her in the process."

Little footsteps came running into the room, Elena turns to see Natalie running towards her. Natalie pulls at Elena's shirt, Elena picks her up, " Mama, no Mickey." She pouted.

"Oh baby, Mama's sorry. I'll go right now ok?" Elena says, caressing her cheek.

Looking back at Damon, Stefan asks him. "What happened tonight when you thought Katherine was Elena?"

His eyes shot over to look at the couple, waiting for his response. "To risk another. . . frown line encroaching on a very crowded forehead." He said. "We. . . Kissed."

Elena frowned, disregarding as Natalie played with her necklace and looked at the two men conversing in front of her. "And you thought it was me?" She said, in disbelief.

"What do you mean, you kissed?" Stefan inquired.

"Well, you know, when 2 lips pucker" Damon began. "and they. . ." He makes puckering noises. Then in a flash, Stefan went over to Damon, but the older brother had seen it coming and vamped to Stefan's previous spot. Natalie lets out a noise of fright and buries her face in her mother's chest.

"Hey, Stop! Not in front of Natalie." Elena demanded, standing in front of Stefan. "He kissed Katherine. Not me." She turned around and looked at Damon. "I wouldn't do that."

Stefan sighed, stepping closer. "I'm sorry. Are you ok, Nat?" He asked Natalie, rubbing her back.

Natalie peeks her eyes out, "yeah." She said, hesitantly reaching for Stefan. Who instantly accepted her request, He holds her as she rests her head on her shoulder.

"We don't have time for all this fighting, Guys."

"Later." Stefan told Damon, who nodded in agreement.

"John must know something. There has to be a reason why Katherine tried to kill him." Elena said.

"She's Katherine." Damon objected. He leaned against the kitchen door frame. "She loves to play games, and you're fooling yourself if you think you're going to find out what she's up to before she wants you to know."