Chapter 9

"Easy." Matt told Jenna as he and Jeremy stood by her sides and helped her into the Gilbert home.

Elena followed after with Natalie on her hip. "Stop fussing, I'm fine." Jenna sighed as she waved them off.

  "The doctor said that you have to take it easy." Elena explained as she adjusted Natalie.

"Yeah, you don't wanna rip the stitches, hemorrhage, and die, all right?" Jeremy said as he closed the front door and returned to Jenna's side.

Natalie's eyes grew wide with worry. "That could happen." She gasped.

Jeremy nodded and went to speak but Elena quickly explained before he could. "Yes, Moon that could happen but don't worry that won't happen to Jenna as long as she is careful." She explained as she glared at Jeremy, who held his hands up in surrender.

Matt gently guided Jenna down a step in front of them. "Yeah It's ok Nattie, that won't happen, but the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment." Matt began to protest but is stopped when Jenna spoke. "I 'walked' into a knife. How does somebody do that?" She argued.

Elena shared a look with Jeremy as they followed them into the living room.

"It was a freak accident." Elena tried to assure.

"Yeah, it happens" Jeremy added.

"Yeah. I mean, I've done it, like, 20 times at the grill." Matt said, making Jenna playfully glare at him. "Ok, I'm being nice." They all shared a laugh as Matt helped her lay on the couch.

When Elena set Natalie down, she ran around the couch and stood in front of Jenna. "It's ok, Jenna. I'll care for you." She said as she patted her hair. Jenna smiled as she grabbed hold of her hand and kissed it.

Elena smiled softly as she watched Natalie pat Jenna's hair and try to explain to her Aunt how she'll make her feel better as Jenna intently listened to her babble.

"What should I do with this?" Matt asked as he lifted the bag in his hand, making Elena shift her attention to him. "I got it." She said as she took it from his hands.

Elena walked to the kitchen with following behind her. "So what are we gonna do?" Jeremy asked once they were out of hearing range from Matt and Jenna.

"Make lunch." Elena replied as she put away the items she carried.

Jeremy shook his head. "About Katherine."

Elena sighed. "We're not going to do anything, Jeremy."

"She tried to kill Jenna. We can't let her get away with that." Jeremy argued.

Elena did not want to put her family in any more danger than they already are. If all it took was staying away from Stefan and staying out of Katherine's way then that's what she'll do. "Yes, we can. If it keeps us safe, then we can."

From the look on Jeremy's face, it seemed like that was the last thing he wanted to do. "What if she tries something else?" He argued as he crossed his arms.

"She won't. Katherine hurt Jenna because I didn't do what she said. Well, I'm doing it now. Me and Stefan are over. She wins. The end." Elena insisted. At least that's what she hoped it was all it took.

"You're being naive and you know it." Jeremy said with disapproval. Elena grew confused when he turned around to grab his jacket. "Where are you going?" She asked.

Jeremy glanced back, as he continued to grab his keys. "Out. I'll be back!" He called out, and with that, he left.

  Elena couldn't help but grow anxious for her brother, she knew he wanted to get back at Katherine for what she did to Jenna but maybe this time he'll hopefully listen to her this time. For the safety of their family, she really really hoped.