Chapter 16

Their morning was peaceful. Calm.

Stefan had awoken to Natalie poking at his cheek, staring at him as she waited for him to wake up. It was a sight to wake up to. His daughter, in everything but blood, smiled at him as she told him good morning. It was obvious, even now, that she'll be her mother's twin.

Together they made breakfast, Natalie ran around the kitchen as Stefan cooked the bacon. She considered her presence helped enough to make breakfast.

Natalie liked spending time with her daddy. He always made her laugh, he cooks her food and he loves her. Yes, she loves her daddy very much. Her favorite thing about her daddy is that he can make her mama happy, just as she can.

Stefan watched as Natalie happily ate away at her food. "Why don't we call your mom, huh? See if she's awake."

Natalie looked up and smiled. "Ok!"

Stefan picked up his phone and dialed 'Elena', as he smiled at her excitement.

With his phone pressed to his ear, Stefan looked over at Natalie, she stared at the phone as if she too was listening for the distinctive voice of her mom.

  "𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰?" A groggy voice went through the phone.

Natalie immediately jumped with excitement, nearly falling out of her chair in the process. "Hi, mama!"

Stefan's arm shot out to balance her before she could fall. "Whoa careful, nat." He warned.

He placed the phone in front of her and put it on speaker.

"𝘏𝘪, 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺!"

Natalie giggled. "Hi."

  "𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘮𝘰𝘰𝘯? 𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘯?"

"So much, mama. We have bacon."

"𝘉𝘢𝘤𝘰𝘯? 𝘖𝘰𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐'𝘮 𝘫𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘴."

"I'll save some, mama." Natalie reached for a piece of her bacon and tried to feed it to Stefan, who gently grabbed it from her hand and ate it. Satisfied, Natalie reached more for herself.

  "𝘕𝘰, 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘬. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳."

Natalie giggled. "I'm gonna be tall like you mama." She proclaimed.

Elena chuckled. "𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳, 𝘔𝘰𝘰𝘯. 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘺."

  "Ok." Natalie grabbed the phone and shoved it into Stefan's awaiting hands.

"Thank you." He kissed the top of her head and ruffled her hair. "Finish eating, sweetheart. I'll be right back."

  Natalie had grown bored and had started playing around with her food. By the time, Stefan came back, she had food in her hair, around her face, and on her clothes.

"Oh no! Look at you." Stefan scorned playfully. "What did you do, hm?"

Natalie smiled shamelessly. "Food went flying."

  Stefan raised a brow with a grin. "Oh did it? Well, I guess that means it's bath time for little Natalie."

"Ok!"