thirty-two

camila's pov

i walked through the front door of my house and saw nate sitting on the couch.

"hey." i sighed, closing the door.

he nodded, "hey, what's up? how was the mall with jack?"

i looked up dramatically, not wanting to be reminded of it. i walked over to where he was sitting and sat down next to him.

"jack fought someone because he said i was, like, sexy," i said, smoothing over the top frizz of my hair.

he looked confused and turned off his phone. he turned his attention on to me, intrigued by my words.

"wait what? when, how...what?" nate said, still confused.

"yeah, i know right. it was at the apple store."

"man..." he trailed off and sighed, shaking his head.

i nodded slowly, agreeing with him. i shrugged after a while and got up to go to my room. i grabbed my phone from my pocket once i reached my room, and plugged it in the charger.

i saw that i got a text from jack.

hey. sorry about what happened today, again. i didn't mean to embarrass you, but anyways, i miss youuuu :(

i didn't reply to the message, i just left it on read. it's not that i was mad at jack, it's just that i really couldn't deal with him right now. he was acting out totally irrationally, but i get that he wanted to "protect" me. i just, i just didn't need it.

i have an essay due in a week and i have no quotes for it hELP