thirty-four

camila's pov

i grabbed my backpack from the floor and pulled it up onto my desk, as i heard the bell ring. i looked around the classroom and noticed everyone doing the same, some people even walking out the door.

it was friday, and we had a three-day weekend, and i was a little more than eager to leave.

as soon as i got one foot out the door, i heard my name being called.

"camila!"

i attempted to turn around in the busy hallway, and saw jack. i waved at him and he motioned for me to come to his locker. i pushed past the rushing students and stood next to him.

"hey!" i said, cheerfully, probably because i had a long weekend.

he grinned widely and grabbed my hand, "babe, what are you going to do over the weekend?"

i pulled my hand away so that he could put his books in his locker while i answered.

"umm, nothing really. maybe go to the beach or something. you?"

"well, you know how i was going on that trip to palm springs with my cousin? he canceled on me this morning and we have one extra plane ticket. do you want to come with me?" jack asked.

i smiled widely and engulfed him in a hug.

"of course! i'm so ready to hit up palm springs, jack, you have no idea!" i said excitedly into his shoulder.

he laughed and closed his locker, kissing the top of my head.

literally some people are so rude. if you keep messaging me asking for updates, it's not going to do anything. i know that i should update, you asking doesn't motivate me or anything. like please be grateful