twenty-one

i feel so bad, i haven't updated any of my books in over three days :(

camila's pov

i clicked on jack's number in my contacts, and waited for the phone to start ringing. i picked at my nail while i listened for his voice.

i was soon met with the mocking voice of his voicemail system. i groaned and tried again.

"hi! you've reached my voicemail! i can't get to the phone right now, but leave a message, and i'll get back to you soon."

this was the third time today that he wasn't answering his phone, not including the many texts i've sent. damn, he was probably really angry.

i decided to just give it a rest, and walked downstairs to talk to nate. i mean, they were best friends, right? so he would know what to do.

-

"hey, nate?" i asked, walking down the stairs. i sat down on the couch next to nate while he did his homework.

"yeah, what up?"

"okay, so i tried contacting jack today, you know, after all that. but he won't answer any of my texts or pick up the phone when i call him, help me!" i exclaimed.

"i have an idea, ok? go to his house again, because i know he's there, and ask him to talk. he won't really have any options, he cares for you too much to let you stay out there."

i nodded slowly, thinking about it. i'll seem like the ultimate stalker, but it's worth it. i have to say, jack johnson is really growing on me, even though i used to say i hated him.

"i'll see you in a few hours, nate. thanks again," i said, and i grabbed my keys from the shelf.