Dinner, Bedtime Stories & The Past

At 5:45pm there was a knock on the door, and I laughed, why was he early...I wasn't even ready. I rushed to the door and opened it as Bianca was rushing after me.

"Mama! Stop!" Bianca yelled and I turned to look at her and shook my head.

"Bianca! I have to get the door and then I will watch you." I said and she placed her hands on her hips.

"No, you won't! You don't love me!" Bianca screamed. I sighed and opened the door to see Chris standing there.

"Hey, come on in." I said and moved so he could walk in.

"LEAVE!" Bianca screamed at Chris.

"Hey! No!" I yelled back at her, and she just looked at me. I rarely raised my voice to her. "Time out corner!" I said and she just stood there. "NOW!" I yelled and she stomped to the corner of the living room and sat down in the chair facing the corner. Chris walked up to me as I sighed and placed a hand on my back and rubbed it up and down.

"Everything okay?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"Come to the kitchen." I said and we walked into the kitchen. "She is just in a mood. I told her we needed to get ready for a dinner guest and she just decided now was the time to have a dance recital." I said and Chris sighed with a smile, and I just looked at him. "And that smile right there means you would let her get away with murder." I said and Chris nodded.

"Most likely." Chris said and I laughed.

"So, I want to bring this up before dinner actually starts. I know you have to be in Atlanta in the next few days." I said and Chris sighed with a nod.

"Jeremy too." Chris said and I nodded.

"Yeah, so what are we going to do? I mean you want to be a part of her life but here is Captain America rearing his cute but annoying self again." I said with a smile and Chris laughed.

"You think he is cute?" Chris asked.

"Beside the point. What do we do?" I asked.

"Come to Georgia. Come with us. Bring Bianca..." Chris said and I sighed.

"Chris, no one but you, your mom and Jeremy know about her. Now you want to take her around everyone?" I asked and Chris sighed.

"I mean you know most of the people in the movie too. Scarlett, RDJ...they would love to see you." Chris said and I smiled with a nod.

"I have missed everyone." I said. I went to stir the sauce for the pasta when my cellphone went off as did Chris'. We looked at each other oddly. I pulled my phone from my pocket, and it was a text chain between Chris, Freda, Frank and myself along with some other people I didn't know.

FRANK: Hey everyone. I know you are all dying to see the promo ad and it will be ready soon. We just got some promo shot requests for posters and magazines. We know Chris will be in Georgia in 3 days. We would be willing to get the photos done there. Rose, we would need you in Georgia as well then. We hope this works for everyone.

I looked at Chris as he was responding, and I sighed.

"Looks like I'm going to Georgia." I said and Chris huffed a laugh. I then sighed and looked in the living room. "I should get her out of timeout."

"Can I do it? I will even keep her busy." Chris said and I smiled.

"Yeah, that's perfect Chris. Thank you. Also, before you ask if you want some pictures with her like I know your mom got, you are welcome to get some." I said and he smiled.

"Thank you, Rosebud...truly." Chris said and walked into the living room.

💚 💚 💚

Once dinner was finished, we all sat around, and Bianca was just telling Chris all about living in Tahoe and what wild animals she had seen in the woods.

"A bear Rose?! There was bear on the front porch?!" Chris asked in shock, and I laughed.

"It was safe, it ran when I turned on the porch light." I said and Chris just shook his head. I looked at Bianca as she yawned.

"What do you say about bedtime missy?" I asked and she sighed.

"But I like being with Chris!" She whined and I looked at Chris.

"He will be here tomorrow. Right?" I asked Chris with a small smile, and he nodded.

"Of course." Chris said and I smiled at him.

"Can you tell me a bedtime story?" Bianca asked Chris. He looked at me as I started clearing the small kitchen table we were sitting at.

"Of course, he can." I said and he huffed a laugh.

"Let me clear the table, why don't you get her ready for bed and tell me when to come in." Chris said and I smiled at him. As I walked past him, I kissed his cheek.

"Thank you." I said and he nodded. I got Bianca from her chair, and we went to get her washed up and ready for bed. Once she was ready, I called for Chris, and he came walking in her room. I leaned on the door frame as Chris sat on the edge of her bed.

"What kind of story do you want to hear?" Chris asked.

"Princess and Prince." Bianca said and Chris smiled.

"Once Upon a Time there was a Princess Rosebud, and she was the most beautiful princess in all the world. Every man in the magical land of Hollywood wanted to be Princess Rosebuds Prince Charming but she has her eye set on a certain Prince, Prince Chris from the land of Bostonia. Once Princess Rosebud and Prince Chris met each other it was love at first sight and they couldn't get enough of being together. Well see Prince Chris was kind of a dumb guy and when he got a new job as a superhero, he left Princess Rosebud all alone and she was heartbroken, he knows she was because he was too. Well then about 4 years later Princess Rosebud and Price Chris cross paths again when they meet over a magical potion. Well Princess Rosebud doesn't even want to give Prince Chris the time of day knowing she was hurt but this magical little bumblebee comes into his life and makes Prince Chris see the error of his ways. He just wants to make this little bumblebee and Princess Rosebud so happy and be in his life again that he will do whatever he can." Chris told the story, and I smiled as he did. I looked at Bianca and she was fast asleep. Chris leaned down and gently placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Good night bumblebee." Chris whispered and walked to me standing at the door.

"Do they live happily ever after?" I asked Chris.

"TBD." Chris said and I smiled as we walked out to the living room. I pour us both a glass of water and we headed to the living room.

"I know Jeremy showed you the pictures of Bianca growing up, but I want you to have these." I said and handed Chris an envelope full of pictures.

"I don't want to take your pictures Rosebud..." Chris said opened the envelope and looking through them.

"They are extras. You deserve them." I said and Chris got a picture of her first Halloween and laughed.

"She doesn't look happy." Chris said and I laughed seeing her dressed as a bumblebee.

"She was until Jeremy started making buzzing noises around her." I said and Chris laughed.

We went through a lot of the pictures and Chris asked for an explanation on a lot of them. I didn't mind. He wanted to know about his kid, and he had every right to know everything.