Lost & Found

"So, talk." Chris said and I sighed.

"You basically know everything Chris. I mean I don't know what else to explain to you." I said and Chris groaned.

"How far along where you when you left?" Chris asked and I scoffed.

"You mean when you broke up with me?" I asked and he groaned.

"Fine, how far along were you when I broke up with you?" Chris asked.

"3 months that day. I had gone to the doctor's office that morning while you were in your meeting." I said and Chris groaned.

"And you didn't think to tell me in those 3 months that it was possible?" Chris asked and I groaned.

"I didn't know Chris! You know how funky my body was and I could skip months and it was normal." I said.

"So, you ran to Tahoe to Jeremy, did he know?" Chris asked.

"He did." I said and Chris groaned.

"So, Jeremy knew you were pregnant, who the father was, and he didn't even try to convince you to tell me?" Chris asked.

"It wasn't his place Chris, this was my choice. You broke me, you broke my heart, I wasn't going to do the same to my child." I said.

"Our child." Chris said.

"My child! She's mine!" I said raising my voice.

"She's ours! Like it or not Rose, she is part of me and part of you! She was created out of our love." Chris said and I groaned.

"Yeah, that you fell out of." I said.

"Who said I stopped loving you?!" Chris yelled.

"You did! When you broke up with me! You just dropped me like it was nothing to you! Captain America was more important. Was it worth it Chris?" I asked and he groaned.

"No! It wasn't! I lost you, I lost my world! Now to find out you kept my daughter from me! Come on Rose. I know you can be vindictive, but I didn't think you were heartless too." Chris said. I fought every urge I had to smack him.

"You do know this wasn't an easy choice, right? I was going to call you and tell you but every time I did, I would see you doing something amazing in your career and didn't want to push this into that. Then here we are 3 years into her life, and you know." I said and Chris sighed.

We were both silent for a few minutes and I just didn't know where to go.

"I know now why you weren't spotted and stayed here hidden. No one could see her and take pictures because if that happened, I would have seen, and heaven forbid that happen." Chris said and I groaned. I didn't even know what he wanted me to say anymore.

"Chris...I stayed away because I didn't want to be seen, not just so she wasn't. I wanted to be left alone. I stopped acting to just worry about being myself and being a mom." I said.

"Right but I didn't get the option to be a dad. I think I need to work on doing that now." Chris said and I looked at him oddly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"I'm doing what I have to do." Chris said.

"Meaning?" I asked.

"I'm going to go for joint custody of her." Chris said. I looked at him in shock.

"EXCUSE ME?!" I yelled standing up from my seat.

"I'm allowed to have visitation! I have rights here Rose, I called a lawyer on the way here!" Chris said raising his voice.

"Wow! You're a fucking piece of work! You know if you had come here and talked rationally with me, we maybe could have worked something out, but you come here and just start talking court, lawyers, joint custody...that's bull shit! You won't be taking me away from her! Tahoe, me and Jeremy are all she knows, all she loves!" I said and Chris groaned.

"So, what I want means nothing? My family doesn't get to meet her or be in her life, nothing? She can only be here in Tahoe?" Chris asked and I groaned.

"I never said that I just think you bringing lawyers into this is a dick move. I shouldn't be surprised though, you're a dick." I said and Chris stood up like I did.

"I want time with her!" Chris yelled.

"She doesn't even know you!" I yelled.

"It's time she does! I'm her father!" Chris yelled.

"You're her sperm donor!" I yelled back. I then clapped my hand over my mouth as tears started to fill my eyes.

"Wow...that's all you see me as. This is why I want to go to court." Chris said.

"Then I guess there is nowhere to go from here except contacting our lawyers and going through court." I said and Chris nodded.

"I guess so." Chris said.

"I will do whatever I have to, to keep her Chris. She has a normal life here; she doesn't need your life. She doesn't need to be pushed aside when Captain America is needed. I won't let that happen to her Chris." I said and he just shrugged.

"Well, I guess we see what the lawyers have to say!" Chris yelled and walked out of the house slamming the door.

I felt my legs give out and I fell on the couch and just started crying placing my head in my hands. I didn't want this with him, I never wanted him to find out. Now I was at risk of losing her and I couldn't have that happen. I had nowhere to run, nowhere to go. He knew about her now and he would move heaven and hell to find her if I ran again.

I called Jeremy and had him bring Bianca home. I refused to tell him how the talk went, he knew it didn't go as planned.

***JEREMY POV***

I left Rose's place, and she was going to cuddle with Bianca in bed, order pizza for dinner and just have time with her. This is how she was before Bianca was born when she was heartbroken showing up at my place. I just groaned and knew I wanted to beat the hell out of Chris. I wasn't sure what he said or what he did, but he would be dead if I saw him.

I pulled in my driveway and saw a car in my driveway and someone leaning on it. I groaned. He had a death wish coming here. I got out of my car once I turned it off and I looked at him.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed.

"Every hotel in a 5-mile radius is booked, some kind of ski competition. I need a place to stay for a few days." Chris said.

"Why not stay with Rose?" I asked.

"Because Rose and I didn't end on the best terms, and she would much rather me sleep on the porch than inside." Chris said and I groaned.

"What makes you think I won't do the same?" I asked and Chris sighed.

"Because I didn't piss you off like I did her." Chris said.

"Yet...get in the house and get ready to talk." I said as we walked inside.