27.

michael's pov

"what is it?" i asked nervously.

"i don't think bailey needs to much time in here. granted it's only been a couple weeks, but she's improving so well. we made a goal and she's surpassing it and i'm pretty sure it's because of you and charlotte. i would say maybe a couple more weeks in here, but then she should be good. we have coping skills set up and everything." dr. marley spoke with a smile.

i swear i could have cried actual tears at that moment.

charlotte's pov

i walked back and immediately saw mom standing there.

it would be an understatement to say that she wasn't glowing.

"charlotte baby! hi!" mom smiled as she ran up and hugged me.

i couldn't help but cry. it had only been a few weeks but it felt like forever since i've seen her.

"i missed you." i sobbed into her chest.

"i missed you too baby. i already feel happier. i'm doing better baby. i'm almost back to you." mom whispered as she held me tightly.

mom looked at calum standing there awkwardly before saying, "oh come here." and pulling him into a tight hug.

i physically felt calum freeze and look super awkward but eventually hug her back.

"i'm glad you're doing better bailey." calum smiled softly.

as soon as mom caught michael in her view point she broke out of the hug with calum and ran into his arms.

"i missed you." she whispered as tears formed into her eyes.

"i missed you too baby. i'm so proud of you." michael whispered back.

"i told michael about your progress, did you tell charlotte?" dr. marley spoke with a soft smile.

"i'm getting out in a couple weeks baby. we can be together you and i. i'll never let you go again." mom smiled brightly.

i felt emotion overtake me as i broke down in sobs and mom quickly hugged me.

"it's supposed to be happy. don't cry love." mom whispered as she held me.

"i-i'm just so happy and relieved." i stuttered as i held onto her.

we spent the next couple hours together and mom showed me how happy she was.

i was happy for her. i was happy to see her happy.

i wouldn't admit it, but a part of me is happy to not have to worry that she wouldn't be awake the next morning.

we left during the late morning so that we would be able to drive back in one day for work the next day.

i sat in the car silently as we drove back home.

"i feel relieved." i spoke softly.

"you know what, so am i. i was so worried when dr. marley wanted to have a word with me. i felt my whole world stop for a moment." michael sighed out as he leaned back.

"same here. i thought we were going to get bad news and i'm beyond happy it was good news." i replied.

about half way through, luke gave us a call.

"hey mates, how did it go?" he asked.

"good! she's going to get released in the next couple weeks is what dr. marley said. she's really happy, i'm happy." michael replied.

"aw that's really good mate. i'm super excited for you." ashton replied.

"are you guys going to be home for dinner?" luke asked.

"nope, we'll pick something up on the way back. we're about half way back." calum replied as he switched back over to the GPS.

we stopped when we were an hour away and grabbed a burger before finishing the drive home.

i grabbed my tiny bag of stuff and practically ran upstairs. i didn't want to talk to calum.

i hopped into the shower and changed into pj's then did my facial routine before coming out and seeing calum sitting there waiting.

"you can't avoid this. what you asked me is very concerning." calum replied shortly.

"it's none of your concern. look, i was nervous and asked for a xan. i'm fine your fine. no big deal. goodnight." i spoke swiftly.

"i'm only going to ask you once before i get ashton involved, have you taken xanax before when it wasn't prescribed to you?"