30.

8 MONTHS LATER

i was really happy. i was so worried everything would fall out of place and that mom would end up back where she started, but nothing ever did.

after the proposal, mom and michael started to prepare their wedding. michael's family came down to help out and they were all super sweet and excited for michael.

then about 6 months later, they got married. it was a beautiful wedding. the theme was blue and on the beach. the day they picked it was a sunny day and everyone was super excited.

after the wedding, i was unfortunately left in the care of luke, calum, and ashton because michael and mom went on their honeymoon to fiji.

they deserved it. mom deserved it after struggling for so many years. i'm happy that michael was the guy that she needed.

it's been 2 months since they got married, and everyone is super relaxed and happy about the situation.

however, michael and my mom have a huge announcement to make later, which is making me a bit nervous.

i walked downstairs from my room and saw mom sitting there.

"hey mom, could you possibly give me a hint as to what you're going to tell me so i don't go into cardiac arrest and luke has to resuscitate me?" i asked with a tiny smile.

"don't worry, this won't send you into cardiac arrest, but you'll have to wait like the others love." mom spoke with a tiny smile.

i groaned and sat next to her with a pout.

"don't pout! it's okay. it's a good thing i promise." she smiled brightly as she stood up and went upstairs.

the only thing i noticed is that she was glowing a lot more. her skin was.

i went upstairs and into luke's room.

"what are they hiding?" i asked.

"i genuinely don't know. i think only ashton has an idea. maybe you could get it out of him?" luke suggested.

i quickly ran over to ashton's room and knocked down the door.

"ashton! tell me your thoughts on tonight." i spoke with a smile.

"nice try." he chuckled. "i have nothing to say right now."

"tell me." i begged.

"nope. it's a surprise for a reason." ashton spoke with an eye roll before kicking me out of his room.

maybe calum knew.

"calum, do- "nope, see i already heard you asking the two others. i don't know. not a clue." he replied as he never lifted his eyes from his phone.

i grumbled and walked away back into my room.

i guess i really was going to have to wait to know what was going on.

a couple hours passed and we were all eating dinner super awkwardly.

"so, as you all know, we have an announcement to make." michael spoke slowly.

"firstly, i would love to give charlotte a present first." mom smiled slyly as she handed me a package.

"there's not some bomb or something in here right?" i confirmed with a joking tone of voice.

i opened it and saw a t-shirt and quickly pulled it out and read the words.

congrats on becoming a big sister!

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!" i shouted as i stood up and bounced around the room.

"wait what?" luke spoke with a smile as he stood up.

"i knew it!" ashton smiled brightly.

"congrats you two." calum spoke with a tiny smile.

"how far along?" ashton asked.

"a month." mom smiled brightly as she leaned against michael.

"i'm so happy for you mom!" i smiled as i gave her a huge hug.

"what about me?" michael spoke dramatically.

"well, you did create the baby too so, i'm happy for you too!" i spoke with an eye roll as i hugged him.

"we also plan on moving out. i know this is a shock, but i'm starting a family of my own and i think it's time that i move out." michael spoke slowly looking over at the boy's reactions.

"look, i'm going to miss you living here, but i couldn't be more happy for you michael. as long as you visit and know that we are going to be apart of charlotte's and the baby's life we are good." calum spoke simply.

"perfectly said." ashton added as he nodded in agreement.

"i love you guys." michael spoke as he motioned for a group hug.

"love you too buddy." ashton sighed as they all hugged.

i was happy for the boys.

i guess the broken pieces could be safety pinned back together after all's

"one last announcement that even michael doesn't know about." mom spoke slowly.

michael immediately looked up and stared at mom with concern.

"their twins. i'm having twins." she smiled.

"you just made me the happiest man in the world." michael smiled as he brought her in for a hug.

i guess it's now time to start my next chapter in life with a father and two younger siblings.

at least i now have an awesome support system and a mom who's finally happy. 

i felt broken for quite a while, but now i think i'm finally feeling complete.