22.

i shut the door after the police left and sighed a tiny sigh of relief.

"thank you for not letting him take me." i spoke softly to michael.

"i would never." michael replied.

"i love your mom, therefore i love you." he added as he headed upstairs with ashton not too far behind him.

i headed up to my room and laid in bed hoping i could find some sort of piece of peace of mind.

i couldn't.

i couldn't fall asleep for the life of me.

i laid there mindlessly staring at the ceiling for 3 hours until it was 1 am.

i slowly stood up and walked downstairs and into the kitchen where i poured myself some water and sat at the kitchen table.

i felt so exhausted physically, but i felt like i couldn't shut off my brain.

i sat there for another 2 hours before standing up.

it was now 3 am.

i grabbed my phone from back in my room and headed back downstairs on the couch.

i sat there stiffly as i played games on my phone hoping i would doze off, but i never did.

i heard shuffling feet head downstairs and immediately ducked on the floor so they wouldn't see me.

it was luke.

i decided to try and sneak back into my room so he wouldn't see me.

it didn't work out.

as i was walking back i accidentally stepped to hard and ran behind the wall to not be seen.

i heard luke whirl around before speaking, "who's there?"

i didn't make a sound.

"this isn't funny! who's there?" he spoke a little louder.

i was about to reveal myself when we both turned the corner at the same time scaring each other half to death.

"holy fuck!" i yelled as i flinched back.

to be completely honest, luke screamed louder than i did.

this caused all lights to go on in the house and everyone to run downstairs.

"holy shit! i thought someone was getting murdered." calum spoke as he put down the plastic baseball bat he brought.

"who the fuck screamed like that?" michael groaned as he rubbed his forehead.

i pointed at luke and everyone threw him a glare.

"why'd you scream like that?" ashton spoke with a slight tone of annoyance.

"ashton, she scared the living shit out of me. i thought it was one of you trying to fuck with me, but we turned the corner at the same time and i head a heart attack." luke replied as he shot me a tiny glare.

"it's not my fault your a scaredy cat." i muttered.

"i'm going back to bed." calum announced as he walked back upstairs followed by luke who now felt a bit bad about waking everyone up.

"i didn't know luke was even capable of screaming like that." michael mumbled.

"i didn't either." i shrugged.

"i'm going to head back upstairs. goodnight y'all." ashton spoke as he gave his a soft smile.

"why are you up right now anyways?" michael asked.

"cant sleep."'i shrugged.

"want to sleep in my room?" michael asked.

i nodded as we headed upstairs together.

"how about we turn on a movie and see if that helps." michael suggested as he laid down next to me.

i nodded once again and he turned on the princess and the frog.

i looked over at him and saw how relaxed he seemed as he watched the movie.

how safe i really felt with him even thought i didn't know or acknowledge his as a father figure yet.

"you're staring." michael chuckled as he looked down at me.

i immediately turned away and looked at the tv.

"you can lean on me if you want." he spoke softly.

i slowly crept over and leaned my head against his chest listening to his heartbeat.

that in itself put me to sleep.

the last thing i remember was tiana turning into the frog because she kissed the frog and michael breathing slowing down as he fell asleep.

i missed how comforting this was.