29.

3 WEEKS LATER

we were driving up to go get mom from the ward because she was ready to come home.

michael and i were the only ones who were going because the rest of the boys had work.

the past couple weeks had gone smoother. after the whole drug incident, everything calmed down went back to normal.

i was super excited for mom to come home and be another woman in the house with me. it was so weird being the only woman in a house full of men.

the drive went pretty smoothly and we pulled an all-nighter to go and pick her up.

i saw her standing outside with dr. marley and quickly ran and gave her a hug.

"mom!" i smiled as i hugged her tightly.

"hi baby!" she smiled back as she held me back.

michael came and joined the group hug.

"she's brand now." dr. marley commented with a smile.

"i feel brand new. i feel happy. i haven't felt this way in a long time. i owe you a huge thank you." mom spoke quickly as she gave dr. marley a hug.

"the biggest thank you that i could ever receive is not having you back here and you living your life with this awesome man and your child." dr. marley whispered as she let mom go.

"now go along! have fun and live life to the fullest bailey." she added before motioning for us to leave.

we all got into the car and waved our final goodbye's before we settled in for a long drive.

"it feels nice to be out of there." mom sighed as she breathed in the fresh air.

"i'm happy that you're back." i smiled softly.

"speaking of that, fill me in, what's happened since i've been gone?" mom asked.

"a lot. i'm just happy you're here. i couldn't stand being in a house with only men." i spoke with an eye roll.

"michael was that bad?" mom joked as she smiled at me.

"yes! he was." i replied.

"hey! i'm still here you know." michael spoke with a playful glare.

the car ride home was filled with laughter and jokes and mom being super happy to be out of the ward.

we arrived back home and the boys were all standing outside waiting for us to arrive.

"holy shit bailey hi!" ashton smiled as he gave her a hug.

"hi!" mom smiled as she gave each of them a hug.

i watched from the corner of my eye as michael snuck into the house.

suspicious.

we entered the house and michael was still missing.

"hey bailey. wait right here." luke smiled as he went upstairs.

something was definitely going on and i had a feeling i knew what it was.

a couple moments later, michael came walking downstairs with flowers and a cheesy smile.

"NO WAY!" i smiled as i jumped up and down.

mom gave me a puzzled look.

michael put down the flowers and held mom's hands.

"bailey mitchelson. i have loved people before you, but no one compares to how happy you make me. i remember when we first met it was love at first sight. i felt my heart go into a flatline and skip a beat when i was staring at you. the time i got to spend getting to know your beautiful daughter and getting to know you is time i'll never ever want to replace." michael spoke sincerely.

then he got down on one knee and held out a beautiful diamond wrong.

"will you take my hand now and forever and marry me bailey mitchelson?" michael asked.

i looked over and mom who had tears streaming down her face and a huge smile.

"of course i'll marry you michael clifford." she smiled as michael placed the ring on her finger and they kissed.

"I'm so happy for you!" i smiled as i ran up and hugged them.

"now i can be your real father." michael smiled down at me.

"you've always been that to me michael."