20.

4 hours had passed since i had been driving and we were looking for a place to switch off again. everyone in the car but calum was asleep.

out of nowhere, a car cut me off causing me to lose a bit of control before regaining it and honking at him.

take a guess at the only person who screamed, yep, ashton.

i quickly pulled over and jumped out of the driver's seat.

calum switched with me quickly before continuing our drive.

"too be fair. i would have done way worse." calum shrugged as he sat back.

"calum hood. please be a good example." ashton scolded as he sat straight up.

i chuckled as we hopped back onto the highway.

we were going to get to the hotel we were staying at around 3 am and had to be up around 9 am to go drop mom off.

calum drove the rest of the way before we stopped at the hotel and all walked inside.

ashton booked 3 rooms all right next to one another.

mom and i got our own room.

ashton and michael decided to share a room.

calum and luke shared the last room.

i took my bag and mom's suitcase upstairs and into our room.

"do you want to freshen up first or should i?" i asked softly.

"can i go?" mom asked softly.

"of course." i replied as i sat on my bed.

i might as well cherish these interactions with mom before she is gone.

mom took 15 minutes in the shower before getting out and lying in bed.

i quickly walked in and hopped in the shower.

i changed into my spare change of clothes.

i usually wore long sleeves, but i didn't and brought short sleeves revealing the nasty cut i made to cover up for mom.

it was now a scar, but i would always have it on me.

i left the restroom and sat on bed.

i played games on my phone for a bit before deciding i should probably sleep a little.

i was about to turn off my light when mom sat up.

"want to share a bed?" she spoke softly.

i nodded and offered her half of my bed.

she came over and laid down next to me and brought me in for a hug.

"i'm sorry charlotte." she whispered.

"it's okay mom. just promise me you'll try to recover." i spoke softly.

"i will recover baby. be good for michael and the boys. please stay happy." mom replied before dozing off to sleep.

i did the exact same thing.

i woke up to my alarm going off and quickly shot out of bed when i saw mom was missing.

then i heard the toilet flush and immediately felt a wave of relief.

mom came out looking better than yesterday.

"i feel better today." she smiled softly as she put all of her toiletries back in her bag.

"i'm glad." i smiled softly.

i did my business in the bathroom before grabbing our bags and heading downstairs with mom.

we met up with the boys and grabbed a quick bite before all heading to the car again.

"can i drive?" i spoke looking directly at ashton.

"nope." he replied as he sat in the driver's seat.

i chuckled in response and got into the way back with mom.

we all sat in silence with the radio playing in the background before arriving at a really nice building.

we all walked inside after ashton parked the car and were met with a woman standing there with a smile.

"dr. ashton irwin! welcome." she smiled as she shook hands with ashton.

"dr. marley. thank you for getting us in last minute." ashton smiled back.

"you must be bailey mitchelson. it's great to meet you." dr. marley smiled softly.

"and you must be charlotte. i applaud you for your strength and courage. your mom and you are in good hands." she smiled sympathetically.

"i saw her psych eval results. i'm glad you're trusting our establishment." dr. marley smiled softly.

"bailey, this is nurse keaton. she will guide you back and get you situated." dr, marley added.

mom quickly turned around and gave me a tight hug.

"i'll be okay baby. i'll come back. i love you." she whispered.

she then went to each of the boys and hugged them tightly before stopping at michael.

"i love you michael. thank you for taking care of charlotte so i can recover. i'll be better when you meet me again." she whispered as she gave him a kiss before heading back with nurse keaton.

"i would like to refrain from visitation until we make some progress and pin point what the stressor is in her life." dr. marley spoke quickly.

ashton nodded.

"thank you for driving out here. i'll be in contact." she smiled before heading back.

we left the psych ward and started our drive back to michael's house.

this was going to be a different chapter of my life.