14.

"bailey this isn't going to work if you don't get rid of them." ashton spoke softly as he walked towards her.

"no one gets it! no one fucking gets it." mom sobbed as tears rolled down her face.

her sobs hurt me. seeing her so historical made me want to die.

"mom please." i whispered as tears rolled down my face.

"stop crying! you have no reason to cry baby. i'm fine." mom stuttered out as she glared at all of us like an animal cornered into a room.

"stop crying? stop crying? what the fuck! how can you tell me that? i've spent YEARS, trying to help you. cleaning your cuts at 3 am in the fucking morning so you don't bleed out! bringing you food at fucking 4 am when y-you couldn't even g-get out of bed. so please, fucking give it to him." i sobbed as tears streamed down my face.

mom sat there quietly as michael and ashton stood back with tears in their eyes.

"i can't baby. i'm addicted. i'm addicted to the feeling. i'm addicted to seeing the blood. if only it was that simple." mom sighed as she hung her head low.

i stared at her in disbelief. it's hard to understand when all your life, her addiction was the thing tearing you down piece by piece.

"i'm done." i muttered as i left the room.

she could do what she wanted. i was tired.

michael's pov

i didn't know what to do and by the looks of it ashton didn't know to.

"bailey. i'm going to need you to give them to me or i will have no choice but to call the police and get you committed." ashton spoke firmly.

bailey looked him dead in the eyes before throwing the package at him and continuing to unpack.

"thank you." ashton spoke as he picked them up and left the room.

i felt terrible.

i loved her, but she was sick. she wasn't well and i didn't know what to do about it.

"please tr- "just give me a minute michael. please." she whispered as she had her back to me.

i was losing her and her daughter was losing herself. what the hell was i supposed to do?

charlotte's pov

i continued throwing my stuff back into my suitcase. i wasn't staying here.

i zipped it up and rolled it downstairs just to be stopped by michael.

"what are you doing?" he spoke quickly as he blocked the door.

"move. i'm leaving. i can't do this." i mumbled as i tried to push past him.

"absolutely not. where will you stay? you're still a minor charlotte." michael replied.

"i stopped being a minor when i was a in middle school. now move." i spoke firmly as i tried to get past him again.

michael grabbed my arm and bent down to my level.

"charlotte. you're emotional and i get it. she's your mom, but you're not thinking logically right now." michael spoke firmly as he stared into my eyes.

i felt a quiver come into my voice before i started sobbing again.

"i-i'm sorry. i-i'm just tired and want everything to stop." i sobbed as i rested my head on his shoulder.

he held me tightly as i cried my eyes out.

after a couple minutes i slowly stood up.

"i'm sorry." i spoke softly.

"no, don't apologize." michael spoke softly as he stood up.

we walked over to the living room and i saw mom standing there with ashton, calum, and luke waiting.

"sorry." i apologized to all of them.

"don't. you sounded like you needed it." luke spoke with a tiny smile.

calum nodded in agreement.

"so, what do we want to do for dinner?" ashton asked trying to lighten the mood.

"anything other than seafood." i spoke firmly.

"you don't like seafood? not even sushi?" luke spoke looking almost shocked.

"ew. yeah. i don't like anything that has to do with seafood. i won't eat it if it even tastes like seafood." i spoke back with a crinkled nose.

"have you ever tried sushi?" calum asked.

"nope. she hasn't. i always end up eating alone on that night." mom chuckled.

"what? raw fish is gross." i spoke with a matter of fact tone.

"i've never met someone who doesn't like seafood." ashton spoke looking a little weirded out.

"you all are weird for liking raw fish." i shot back as i crossed my arms.

"got it fine no sushi." michael spoke with an eye roll.

could this moment last forever.