19.

we drove back to the house and caught luke and calum up to speed.

"i'm definitely going. a road trip sounds fun." luke smiled.

"do i have to go?" calum spoke stiffly.

"no of cour- "yes." michael spoke with a slight glare.

"i get severely car sick though." calum groaned.

"you can start as the driver then." michael suggested.

"deal." calum replied with a swift smile.

i looked over to see mom still staring emotionlessly at the wall in front of her.

i didn't know what to do.

i went upstairs and packed a tiny bag of toiletries and a spare pair of clothes.

i walked back downstairs and saw mom in the same position.

i quickly walked upstairs and into her room and started to pack up her clothes.

it only took me a couple minutes because she never finished unpacking in the first place.

i rolled her suitcase downstairs and waited in silence for the boys to finish.

i was exhausted. i hadn't slept since i woke up at 3 am and now it was 7 am.

soon enough the boys came piling downstairs.

unfortunately mom's car wasn't big enough, so we took ashton's.

calum and ashton sat in front, michael and my mom in the middle, and luke and i in the back.

"you must be squished back here because you're so tall." i chuckled at his uncomfortable facial expression.

"hey, at least i can reach things you can't." he shrugged as he tried to relax.

the drive was going pretty smoothly. calum and ashton switched about 3 hours in.

i slept for the first 2 hours before playing on my phone for the next hour.

somehow, luke fell asleep and still hasn't woken up.

"i can drive too you know." i spoke softly.

"you have a license?" michael asked.

"yes. surprised?" i chuckled.

"a little. what did you get on the test?" ashton asked from the front seat.

"i feel like if i told you, you wouldn't let me drive. so, i prefer to keep that anonymous." i spoke quickly with a sly smile.

ashton gave me a 'there's no way in hell i'm letting you drive look.'

that didn't work out too well.

we stopped at a rest area 7 hours in and ashton looked super exhausted.

"i'll take over." i offered as i slid into the front seat.

"i'm way too tired to critique her driving. someone else take shot gun." ashton sighed as he rolled into the way back.

"i'll do it." luke shrugged as he moved towards the front seat.

"no! i get car sick. let me sit in front." calum spoke quickly as he pushed luke out of the way and sat down.

"fine by me. i'll just sleep some more." luke shrugged as he hopped into the way back with ashton.

"calum you better not fall asleep." ashton warned as he dozed off mid sentence.

"i'll watch too." michael chuckled as he sat back next to my mom who still wasn't talking much.

i adjusted the seat to my liking and quickly pulled out of the spot scaring the living life out of ashton in the back seat.

"who the fuck taught you to back up?" ashton spoke now wide awake.

"to be honest, i failed that part of the drivers test." i shrugged as i sped off onto the highway.

"what did you get on your drivers test?" calum asked as he played a game on his phone.

"don't tell ashton." i started to say before i saw his head pop up.

"i'm listening. i have ears everywhere in this car. no secrets." he spoke slowly as he sat up.

"i failed my first test and passed my second one with one point to spare." i spoke quickly.

"you what?" ashton spoke in disbelief.

"i failed my test." i spoke back mocking his behavior.

"how?" ashton asked.

"well, speeding and road rage." i shrugged as i sped up to go past a truck.

"TOO FAST!" ashton yelled.

"okay mom."