13.

"ms. mitchelson, if i could direct you to the discharge papers." dr. mccolog spoke to break the silence.

"perfect." mom sighed as she followed behind him.

i looked over at all of the boys standing there.

"you don't have to take us in. i'm fine taking care of her. i've done it since i was a kid. i'm more than capable." i spoke with a sigh as i stood up to grab my hoodie.

"no kid should have to care for their parent to that degree." michael spoke softly as he turned around so i could change.

"just because no kid should have to doesn't mean that we kids don't. i'm capable and don't want to be a burden, so it's okay." i muttered as i pulled the hoodie over my head.

"charlotte respectfully, it's either you live with us for a little while or i admit your mom into the inpatient section of this hospital. self harm is very serious and
i find the face that she tried to push it on you very disturbing." ashton pointed out.

"i agree. the fact that you felt the need to cut your own skin because of wanting to protect your mom shows us that it's too much. it would be too much for anyone." luke added.

i nodded as i finished pulling my pants up before telling them they could turn around.

"i can take the couch." i spoke as i slipped my shoes on.

"honey, that's not going to be a problem at our house." michael chuckled as we headed out of the hospital room.

we met up with mom near the nurses station before driving to the boy's house.

to say it was big was a huge understatement. i didn't expect to ever live in a house of this size.

"it's huge." i spoke with my mouth wide open.

"that's what your mom said." michael chuckled as he parked the car.

we all hopped out and walked inside and up the stairs.

"so, your mom's room is the first on the right, mine is next to hers, luke's is next to mine, ashton's is across from luke's, calum's is next to ashton's and your room is across from calum's." michael spoke as he pointed around the hallway.

i nodded and thanked them before heading to my room and gasping at the size.

i had my own bathroom.

i quickly unpacked my suitcase and went to go talk to mom.

i should have knocked.

i opened the door and saw her with a tiny package.

"no. absolutely not. we came here to get better." i sighed as i walked towards her.

"baby, you don't understand. i won't touch them. i just need them here so that i know it's an option." mom spoke quickly as she put them in her pocket.

"that's not how this works. please give them to me mom." i begged as i held out my hand.

"no charlotte. just leave and don't tell anyone please." mom sighed in frustration.

i left without another word and went straight to michael.

"she won't give them to me. she never has. i can't keep doing this." i mumbled as tears entered my eyes.

michael sighed and stood up and left to go to my mom's room.

that's when the yelling began.

i quickly ran over to make sure everything was alright to see michael standing there with his hands out and my mom crying.

"mom just give it to him please! we came here so you could get help, what's the fucking point in keeping them." i spoke with frustration as i wiped the tears that were falling from my face.

"it brings me comfort knowing it's an option charlotte! i can't explain it. i will go insane without knowing they are with me." mom whispered.

i heard feet stop at the door way of the room and turned around to see ashton.

"what's going on here?" he spoke firmly as he walked into the room.

"she won't give us the blades." michael sighed as he backed up with me and brought me in for a hug.

i looked over at ashton and saw immediate regret in his eyes.

this was going to be impossible.