Bloodied petals pt 5

Summary: Heartbroken by Xavier's rejection, you know that your days are numbered now. Enid has your back as a dutiful roommate and manages to convince you to go to the Rave'n – even if it's the last place where you want to be. Maybe some unexpected bonding time with Bianca cannot be that bad, before some terrible news is delivered.

Warnings: angst™, mentions of blood, swearing, underage drinking, description of a panic attack.

It was a weird feeling to know that you were going to die soon. In the two days following Xavier's rejection, you had basically locked yourself in your room, a basin always at hand's reach. You didn't even try to hide it anymore when Wednesday was around, besides you were kind of busy throwing up every single flower and petal to care about her occasional pitiful looks. She wasn't particularly having remorses, but the knowledge that her roommate was down a dreadful path didn't please her either. You had been kind to her without being too nosy, so she tolerated you. But you couldn't care less about Wednesday Addams' second thoughts at the moment. All of your chest and throat felt like a burning fire most of the time and it felt like the whole Nevermore glasshouse was growing in your lungs.

In an attempt to try to delay the growth of the plants a little, you had concocted a potion you drank three times a day. There was no cure for Hanahaki disease, but it was still plants. So you had made a potion that would basically act like a weed killer. The taste was horrendous and it burned your throat almost as much as the flowers themselves, but at least it seemed to slow down their growth a little. It means that you still could pretend it was just the flu when you coughed during class and managed to hide away the flowers, but that you were curled up on your bed or over the toilets for the rest of the time.

The tricky part was to hide it from Enid. You loved your other roommate, but she was so sweet and excited about the upcoming ball, you didn't have the heart to tell her what was really going on. She wouldn't be able to get it out of her mind and you didn't want to burden her with it. You always managed to flee the room just in time when she was there and you felt the coughs starting to get stronger. Fortunately, she still didn't notice anything. Although, you knew that at some point you would have to disclose the truth to her. So you had decided to tell everything to Enid after the Rave'n and the parents' weekend following. She surely had enough on her plate for the time being. Like, convincing Wednesday to go shopping for the upcoming ball.

"C'mon, it'll be a fun outing between roomies!" she said excitedly while Wednesday kept her unfazed expression.

"I'd rather burn my own eyes with acid rather than mingle with teenagers ready to fight over a stupid piece of fabric."

From your bed, you rolled your eyes behind the book you were reading. On any other day, you would have chuckled at Wednesday's antics, but the harsh tone she always used to answer Enid's kind ideas was starting to get on your nerves. Couldn't she just say a plain no?

Luckily, Enid had an optimistic personality, "Come ooooon, just one little shopping session between roomies, please please pleeaseee! I bet even Y/N thinks it's a good idea, right Y/N?"

The sudden mention of your name in the discussion made you jump a little and you looked up from the pages. Enid looked at you expectedly, a large smile on her face.

"I'm not going to the Rave'n," you said, trying to keep your voice steady. You wouldn't give Wednesday the satisfaction of seeing you cry and an occasion to ramble again about how weak your feelings made you. This made Enid gasp.

"What! Why?"

"Don't have a date, and don't want to go," you simply mumbled, not without giving a glance at the pigtailed girl. It wasn't entirely her fault, you couldn't manipulate Xavier's feelings for you; still, you couldn't help but feel bitter.