Why her?

Summary: Xavier and Y/n were friends for a long time and Y/n developed a crush on Xavier. It only made it hurt worse when Xavier started ignoring Y/n to hang out with Wednesday

Wednesday Addams. You hated that girl. She hadn't done anything to you personally, but ever since her arrival, Xavier, your crush, was absolutely smitten with her as if she was the only person in the world. It pissed you off to no end at first, but you gave up caring when Xavier started cancelling plans with you to hang out with her.

He was your partner for botanical sciences and when Wednesday showed up, it didn't even take a day for you to be replaced with her. It hurt, a lot. Especially because you had been in love with him since you were ten years old and he nearly died because he hid in his grandmothers casket and almost got burned alive.

That was the first time you had met Wednesday. You had been the one to realize the muffled screams and shouts coming from the casket and, like an idiot, told Wednesday what was up instead of figuring it out on your own. She got the credit for saving Xavier and she forever became the focal point of his attraction.

You were sitting with your friends at lunch when you saw Xavier following Wednesday around like a lost puppy. That day, you decided you were going to stop caring. If he didn't see you, fine. He could go get his heart broken by a girl who didn't care about him in the least, while you would watch him suffer and take pleasure in the fact that he would get what he deserves.

***

"Hey y/n!" Xavier called out to you in botany.

You pretended to not hear him and continued on your way to sit next to his ex, Bianca.

Xavier's eyes widened when he saw you talking and laughing with Bianca and felt a little betrayed that you would rather sit with the girl who broke his heart than sitting with him.

***

"Hey," Xavier leaned on the table you sat at during lunch, reading a book.

You looked up at him, acknowledging his presence, then turned back to your book, ignoring his existence.

"Hello?" Xavier said with a chuckle and sat down on the bench opposite you.

When you didn't reply, Xavier waved a hand in front of your face. That still didn't get a response from you so he snatched your book and shut it, putting it on the table beside him.

"What do you want?" you demanded frustratedly.

"To talk to you. We haven't hung out in weeks, I miss you," he said sweetly.

You almost said okay to hanging out since as much as you didn't want to admit it, you missed Xavier and his company, and you missed helping him with his paintings.

Just as you were about to respond, you saw Wednesday in your peripheral vision, walking towards your table.

You huffed in frustration and stood up, grabbing your book and shoving it in your bag. Xavier was still looking up at you, expecting a response.

"I don't have time for this crap, Xavier." You slung your bag on your shoulder and left.

Xavier was left stunned sitting at the table, unable to understand what was causing you to be so hostile towards him.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," Wednesday said to Xavier in her typical monotone.

Xavier still watched your distancing figure, mind reeling with all your interactions in the past few weeks to figure out what he did wrong. He came up with nothing.

He shook his head as if shaking out the thoughts and turned towards Wednesday.

"What do you got?" he asked.

"Have you ever seen this place?" Wednesday put down a paper with a drawing of an intricately designed iron gate on it.

Xavier pursed his lips and shook his head.

"I'll have to ask Tyler. Lord knows I don't want to see him again," Wednesday muttered.

"Why's that? I thought you and the normie were close," Xavier teased with a smirk.

"Our relationship is strictly business. Besides, the last time I spoke with him, he was acting particularly hostile and cranky."

"Huh, Y/n was just doing that, too," Xavier hummed. "Why was your normie acting weird?" Xavier inquired.

"Apparently because he doesn't approve of me speaking with you. I'll see you later," Wednesday said and made her way out of Nevermore.

Xavier contemplated what Wednesday had just said and slowly, everything started clicking into place. Suddenly it made sense why you were acting the way you were, ignoring him and not wanting to hang out.

***

You were sitting in bed in your dorm, working on homework, when there was a loud knock on the door.

Thinking it was your roommate, you stood up to open the door. You were surprised to see Xavier on the other side but the surprise quickly turned into annoyance.

"Why are you here?" you asked with your arms crossed over your chest.

"To talk," he said and walked inside.

You rolled your eyes and closed the door, turning to face him but not moving from your spot by the door.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" he asked. "I've tried to talk to you multiple times, tried to hang out with you, but each time you blow me off. Why?" Hurt was sparkling in his eyes and you felt a little guilty now for ignoring him, but you weren't going to back down.

"Oh so it's okay if you do it but a problem if I do?" you asked accusingly.

"What? I never blew you off," he defended.

"Not only did you blow me off, you stood me up! And for what? To hang out with Wednesday!" You were yelling in his face now, pointing at him accusingly.

"She needed my help!" Xavier shouted back.

"Well go help her then! Why are you here?" you shouted back.

"Fine!" he yelled and walked out, slamming the door shut behind him.

You couldn't help but tear up at what had just happened and you might have just ruined any chances and more importantly, your friendship, with Xavier.