Fights n' groveling

GENRE & WARNINGS.  fluff. romance. sexual tension and suggestive themes. friends-ish to lovers.

SYNOPSIS.  you would do anything to prove your best friend was not the Hyde, even if it went against your own safety.

Your heart was hammering against your ribs in a pathetically rapid manner. You hated confrontations, the said action always leading to heated arguments with the unfortunate way you manage to handle bubbling situations. But what else were you to do?

An entire event. Almost the entirety of the dance was of complete silence and harsh glares from Xavier's end after he saw you laugh along the arms of Tyler. It was a misunderstanding to be fair. You'd fallen on the paint covered ground of the dance floor and he'd helped you up after cracking a joke. You know as the best friend of the boy he'd assaulted that you should've declined his help and looked for Xavier, but he'd been stressing about Wednesday for the past week that you'd entirely forgotten any sort of friendship had been formed between the both of you. 

"Fine, ignore me all you will but don't act like you haven't abandoned me for the past three weeks since the beginning of the year Xav-"

He aggressively wiped down the faux blood from his eyes, staring at you with what you can only assume was growing hatred, "Y/n, I am currently being accused of being a deadly monster that hurt his own friends, forgive me for trying to figure out why an Addams of all people, would come to this conclusion."

Your frown deepens. That he never told you, so you'd went on to assume that he'd harboured a crush on her — which to be fair, you'd understood but also didn't appreciate. "You never told me that, why do you never tell me anything anymore?"

"Great, somehow this is my fault and I'm to blame for trying not to have you worry, thanks Y/n, wonderful speaking with you." And with that, he'd stormed off to the direction of his dorm, leaving your mouth agape and speechless as students scurry off with dramatic screams and painted dresses.

You didn't like the way the conversation had ended, your core sprinkled with guilt as you let the immature side of your heart take over you back then. Looking around with no other place on your mind, you follow a trail you'd left before to his shack. If there is a chance he could ever be locked up, you'd want to be the only person to decrease it. So while shuffling the bottom of your dress into your arms, you slip your heels off as you run into the darkening woods.

—————————————————————

His knees shook violently on the side of the bed. The night had passed since your argument, and by now you would normally come knocking on his door with a batch of apology cookies from the store that you'd claimed to bake.

But it was stillness from your side, no calls, no Enid speaking on your behalf; and it distressed his mind endlessly. Xavier was aware that he wasn't fully at fault; but still partly to blame for your own careless actions, and so his heart weighed heavy on his chest since your absence. With swift movement, he'd clutched his phone, drying his hair once more with a towel before leaving his dorm in hopes to catch up with you quickly.

Walking through the halls, eyes landed on him in oddly intense stares. He cleared his throat as he slid his way past multiple pupils. "What is it with everyone today," he murmured to himself, light drops of sweat catching onto his eyebrows furiously as he spotted a weeping Enid being comforted by Yoko on the other end of the hall — with a straight-faced Wednesday staring with a perplexed look upon the two.

The blonde caught sight of him, jumping up from her position to have her hands land on the taller boy's shoulders. "Oh Xavier I'm so sorry, she just left and didn't tell any of us where she was going. But i promise she's going to be okay, she's Y/n she'll be fine!"