Competition

Warnings: Cursing. Reader is Tyler's cousin. Is he a good cousin? No clue.

"So," Tyler said, leaning against the counter. "Got any hot dates lining up to the Rave'n?" He smirked.

"No." You busied yourself with washing some cups. You sucked at being a baristas, but nepotism had its perks. Tyler had bullied his employer to get them to hire you, arguing he needed the extra hands. "Do you really want to go?" You asked him, eyeing his smile.

"Yeah, I just... want to see Wednesday, you know?" Tyler got a dopey expression in his face. Then, he gave you a pointed look.

"You are not taking me, it would be so lame to show up with your cousin to the dance, girlie would never take you seriously." You didn't know what Tyler saw in the dark-haired menace of a girl, sure, she was cute but treated him like shit. But to each their own. You saw a client enter, and put your best customer service smile. "What can I get you, handsome?"

You heard Tyler splutter, but ignored him. You flirted with customers all the time, made for better tips. Men were so easy. They really thought the waitress was into them, even if she was twenty years younger. But this boy wasn't much older than you, and he was handsome, you weren't making this shit up. He had light colored hair pulled back into a bun and big emerald eyes.

"I... You are new." He said, seemingly taken off guard. "Three large lattes, to go, please."

"So polite!" You said to him, gesturing to Tyler to shut his mouth and get started with the drinks. "Yes, I am new, must be a regular, then? I bet you see Tyler's pretty face a lot. Your total would be twelve dollars." Tyler made a shocked noise, almost choking on his own spit, and the guy snickered.

"Oh, I find yours much nicer to look at." The boy drawled, pulling a twenty out of his pocket and passing it to you. "Is Galpin over there your boyfriend?" He asked.

"Chatty. I like it." You said, giving the change back to him with a smile. "No, Ty over there is my cousin."

"You definitely have the better genes, then." The boy smirked, and put the change in your tip jar. You smiled even wider. He went to the counter to get his drinks, and just before he could walk out on you, you said.

"Can I get your name, viking?" You smirked when he almost dropped his lattes. Oh, you so loved to flirt, especially when the heavy tippers. You figured he deserved some niceties after tipping more than fifty percent.

"It's Xavier. Xavier Thorpe." Xavier gave you one last smile and walked out in the cold.

"Did you really had to flirt with fucking Xavier Thorpe?" Tyler asked.

"I take it you aren't his biggest fan?" You took out the eight dollars from the tip jar and waved it on his face. "You know, I flirt with customers all the time."

"You could say that. I kicked his ass and got send to boot camp. He hates me and seeing him makes me..." Tyler explained, blushing a little.

"Yeah, I get it. But you do it too! You and this creepy redheaded lady, she totally wants in your pants..." You didn't like it one bit. She wanted something with your cousin, that was clear.

"Oh, that's different. Besides, I got a vibe from you and Thorpe...."

"It sure is." You rolled your eyes. "And it was so not a vibe." You said, but you had felt it too. There had been a spark with the guy, something underneath the flirting.

"Yeah, you might think you can charm anyone's pants off, but no one drops eight dollars in tips on a twelve dollar order if he isn't into the pretty cashier." Tyler rolled his eyes.