Dancing in the moonlight

trope: enemies to lovers

Warnings: swear words

alone at his name you grew nauseous. you couldn't stand being near him as he was just going to tease you about his better grades, his better powers, just everything.

you haven't had any specific power or ability. just straight up bad behavior followed by being a total outcast at any normie school. but apparently you were good enough to be at nevermore.

ever since you visited that school, xavier was your enemy. but how did that even occur?

the first ever week at nevermore xavier showed you around and tried to befriend you. but you weren't here to make friends, you just wanted to pass your time here.

so you turned him down every time he wanted to be nice to you or tried to come near you. that's where xavier had enough and started to tease you.

let it be teasing letters he send with any bird drawing he brought to life, following you through the hallways and asking you about your grades before showing off that he got a better grade or scored one point higher. even in your free time, you enjoyed so much and wanted to have all for yourself, he somehow showed up and ruined your day.

one day you were sitting in an empty class room, enjoying the silence with closed eyes and headphones on your head, music playing rather quiet.                                                               suddenly you heard, that someone opened the door. you figured they just looked inside and left again until a chair was pulled up close to you. you opened your eyes and saw xavier sitting in front of you, the chair backwards so that he leaned his upper body against the backrest. the moment you saw him you rolled your eyes and sat up straight, putting your headphones around your neck and gathering your stuff.

„wowowowow, heyyy, don't leave yet sweet stuff~!"

„don't call me that" you said and closed your bag.

„you don't want to know why i'm here?"

„i don't even need to ask because i know you and i also know why you're here. so please, either you leave right now and i get my deserved rest or i'm going to leave and you look pathetic for the attempt to talk bad about me. eitherway you already are pathetic but looks like you don't care, since you follow me everywhere and use every given moment to tell me how much better you are than me. so go ahead. leave or talk."                                        xavier sighed and looked out of the window.

„can't i just join you and have a bit of silence as well?"

„no."

xavier showed a sad smile and nodded before he got up and shouldered his bag, leaving the room right after.

you watched him leave, crossing your arms in front of your chest.

what was wrong with him all of the sudden? needing silence, yeah sure.

he did look a bit tired but he doesn't have to enjoy his silence here. he can chill somewhere else.

the next few days you haven't heard much of xavier. maybe some bickering here and there. but he was less present than before. not that you missed it, you enjoyed the extra rest you got through that.

maybe xavier finally got to his senses.

——————————————————

one day you enjoyed your free time in an empty class room again, headphones on and music blasting into your ears. you enjoyed loud music a lot and you used every free minute to listen to music. it was one of your only passions.