Rave'n

cw: reader's outfit choice is sort of mentioned? Literally just the colour. blood mention (dw it's still 100% fluff), swearing, slight making out

genre: fluff <3

Well, tonight was the night. The one night most Nevermore students either dreaded or looked forward to. If you dreaded it, it's because you were miserably single or just disliked loud parties (which most people would consider boring as shit but you know, it's not for everyone). However those who looked forward to it either had a partner/date to attend the dance with, or planned to dance like absolute idiots with their best friends.

But you? You my dear had a date, and one with no other than Xavier Thorpe. The Academy's resident tortured artist.

Some resented him considering he was a fairly reserved and private person, others respected his closed-offness, while the majority didn't really pay any mind to him. He was just another student after all right? Well he was more than that to you, and vice versa. The boy was attractive and if anyone were to deny it they were either blind or plain stupid. His physical appearance wasn't the only thing you liked about him though, you were in that percentage of people who respected his privacy rather than making false assumptions.

He could come off as 'dickish' to a lot of people, but that's only because he got ticked off easily, irritable some would say. That being said he forgave rather quickly if it was just him being petty, so even when you had your little arguments with each other (like most healthy friendships) 99% of the time he apologized and you both went back to being cool with each other.

Now, onto tonight's events.

Your outfit was a little out of the norm, considering the colour scheme of the ball that is. While most would be wearing white to the infamous Rave'N ball, you chose to wear chic navy blue formal attire. Fashionable but definitely not snow white.

You wondered what Xavier would be wearing. Most likely a suit, but would he be wearing a flower along with it? Hair tied up or let loose? Your mind went wild imagining him in school dance worthy outfits, you knew damn well whatever he wore he'd be hot and you were not mentally prepared.

Interrupting your thoughts was a light knock on the door, followed by a "Hey, you ready?" from exactly who you were giddily anxious to see. Taking a deep breath you walked over to your dorm room door, opening it to see just who you thought it was, Xavier.

"Woah... You look, uh, wow. I don't have the words." Your date was shaking his head in pleasant disbelief, mouth agape with a hint of a smile, a breathy and slightly awkward laugh escaping afterward.

He was dressed in a perfectly tailored white suit, yet instead of a typical tie it was fitted with a black ribbon tied as a loose bow, he looked absolutely amazing. If you were bold enough you would have kissed him then and there, but you being a little bitch baby weren't.

"You look really good, Xavier. Like- holy shit." Your gaze trailed his form up and down, a little shamefully since you had no idea how stupid you looked ogling him. You didn't look nearly as ridiculous as you imagined, the extremely attractive boy before you was actually very flattered.

"So, shall we?" An adorable grin took over the male's features, dimples on full display as he reached forward to gently grasp your hand which you gratefully accepted. Who were you to deny?

The two of you walked hand in hand toward the ball's main entrance, it was beyond beautiful. Blaring blue lights with a disco ball shaped like a sharp ball and chain, a giant yeti statue, blue (possibly spiked) punch, this was the teenage dream and you adored it already.

"Damn, this is way more than I expected." Xavier chimed in, looking around the oversized room with a positively shocked expression. After a mere few seconds of glancing around the room, his eyes trailed down to yours. The shock turned into a soft fondness that made your heart and stomach run laps, dear god was he adorable.