39

One day when the sky is falling
I'll be standing right next to you

One day when the sky is falling I'll be standing right next to you

Dark and gloomy were only a couple of words to describe how today was. Sterling was finally being placed into the ground where he belonged. Regina wanted a proper burial for him and obviously Charlie complied. I could tell it was hard for him because he didn't feel as if Sterling deserved it but some part of him couldn't stay angry.

In all honesty I could care less of what happened to that son of bitch. I would've dumped his pathetic body down a river if it was up to me. Tears fell down the cheeks of Harper and I desperately wanted to comfort her. She hasn't even tried to talk to me since that day and it's only been two that passed. I had yet to tell her sorry because I didn't know were to begin.

How can you tell someone you're sorry when you truly aren't? I don't regret a single moment me and her father spent together and maybe that made me the bad guy.

However, I was sorry that I lied to her and wasn't honest from the beginning. Charlie stood next to her attempting to comfort her but she only pushed him away.

Instead she left his side and stood next to Adeline.

You could tell she was tired of the lies that everyone fed her.

Harper wasn't made for this type of world and she had to understand that. My mother had believed the same thing which was why she protected me from it.

She could stay mad at her father all she wanted but that didn't change how much he loved her and how much he wanted to keep her safe.

Everyone wore black attire with black umbrellas across their heads to stop the rain from drenching them.

The skies were dark more darker then I've ever seen them.

The rain pored down harder and harder with each moment that went by. The boys and I stood behind Charlie and his mother as the priest did the usual. Finally it was time for us to throw the dirt across his casket and leave.

"I'm so sorry grandad I wish I told you I loved you more may you rest in peace." Harper said throwing a small amount of dirt on the casket before getting back into place.

Harper still didn't even know but only half the story.

I'm pretty sure if she knew what really went down between her family she wouldn't have said that at all. The priest looked our way waiting for who would be next. I shook my head in disgust and so did the rest.

I still had nightmares of our whole altercation that day.

I didn't have anything to say to that bastard.

The only thing that I would gladly do is spit on his casket and stomp him six more feet under. Charlie walked up next but not before grabbing my hand and pulling me up with him. I hesitated at first but as his eyes looked into mine I saw the need of comfort in them so I gave in.