23

Got a secret can you keep it
Swear this one you'll save

Got a secret can you keep it Swear this one you'll save

I walked back into the church fixing my hair with Charlie not to far behind me. I made sure to go in first not to raise suspicion but it's not like I cared. The only thing on the line for me was Harper other than Charlie who had a whole family.

I was glad that I didn't manage to dirty my dress up at as much considering it was white. That's pure talent if you ask me If I did that I would be a lot of explaining to do considering Regina had bought me the dress.

The choir begin to sing as I sat begin Nicholas and Adeline. I seriously had one mind to leave and see my mother, I hadn't heard from her in a while. Second I wasn't one for church as I already mentioned before. So when I heard the lady singing I didn't know why a strange emotion came over me or maybe it was the words.

I know you see me
I know you hear me lord
Your plans are for me
The goodness you have in stored

How wrong I wanted to shout that she was. I called onto god many of times and not once did he hear me. He couldn't have seen a person like me, I was just another lost sinner who didn't deserve anything.

I've failed him on multiple occasions just as he failed me. It was a never ending cycle that I didn't want to be apart of.

However, I was secretly jealous of the relationships that some people had with him. What would it be like? Would I finally be made whole?

The doors of the church suddenly opened as Charlie walked through the doors passing me like nothing happened. Harper and James followed behind them sitting right beside me.

God I know I said all those things but please save me just this once I wanted to roll my eyes as they both sat next to me but the way Harper smile giving me a hug I just couldn't.

"Are we late?" She whispers leaning over.

"How should I know." I joked. I've haven't been to church since I've last seen my aunt so I didn't know how it goes.

James sat down next to her giving me a slight nod as an hello. All I didn't was turn my head back to the choir focusing on the service, thankfully Harper didn't see.

At first I was finally relaxing until I felt the burning glare of James every now and than. Harper was completely oblivious to it scrolling on TikTok on her phone.

It felt like he was staring deep into my soul and I hated it.

I hated everything about him, I hated how he made me feel, how he controlled my every emotion and I allowed him. I swiftly got up heading towards the bathroom not being able to take it anymore.