34

The difference is at least a snitch is human
But a rat is a fuckin' rat

The difference is at least a snitch is humanBut a rat is a fuckin' rat

SKYLAR
(Not edited)

I begin to grow sick and tired of my father's games.

Luciano wasn't even a fatherly figure, I didn't know why I continued to call him my father when he had no right to be.

I could feel myself getting more and more anxious as the third day came by. I knew the family was starting to get suspicious which added to more problems.

It was hard to act like nothing was affecting me at all but with Adeline helping me it instantly made me feel better.

"Have they found anything?" Adeline asked sitting next to me on the bed.

I shook my head in defeat. "Luciano only gave us a stupid riddle and told us we only had three days to figure it out."

"Adeline we have fucking nothing, I'm trying I really am but something isn't right, I feel like the answer is right under our noses."

"Skylar they'll find him honey, but right now it's time for the rest of the family to face the music, which means we need to act like it's our first time hearing about it too." She said rubbing circles into my back.

So Nicholas is going to tell them today? All hell is going to break loose I just know it.

Adeline and I walked down the stairs just to see the whole family sitting on the couch smiling and laughing.

Harper sat next to Bethany while Regina sat on Sterling's lap on the couch. The boys laughed also for what seemed like weeks since the last time I saw them smile.

However, when they turned around to look at us I noticed guilty looks cloud their faces.

Dexter, Jack, and Jesse moved to sit down on the couch with Adeline and me. While Nicholas stood in front of us ready to say the breaking news.

"I didn't want to be the one to tell you this." He started off.

"Tell us what?" Bethany asked in confusion. Nicholas said nothing, leaving us in silence and suspense.

"For God sakes, Nicholas spit it out before I slap it out of you." Regina says anxiously. I could feel the aroma in the room take a bad turn as everyone realized whatever he had to say wasn't at all good.

"Charlie was reported missing two nights ago." Multiple gasps travel across the room. Nicholas didn't say he was kidnapped at least because Harper knew nothing about what her father really does.

However, I'm sure everyone else could read between the lines. "We've been trying to find him before you all became suspicious."

It's crazy how I was literally on the verge of tears because it felt like I was hearing about this for the first time also.