28

Oh here she comes she's a maneater

(Not edited)

"Skylar please tell me you're at least almost ready?" Harper asks for the fifth hundred time in minutes.

I felt like reaching over to slap her in her face a couple of times just to shut her up. When I woke up it was in the evening already and I would've slept longer if it wasn't for Harper and her meddling mother. It was Saturday and apparently Bethany wanted us to have a girls day.

"I'm coming down the stairs now Harper shut the fuck up!" I scream rushing down the steps.

"How about you shut the fuck up!" She screams back.

We were just about to get into a game of spitting out curse words at each other until Bethany stepped in.

"Girls please language for fuck sakes." Charlie stood right behind her in the kitchen laughing at our altercation. Yet he didn't say one word drinking sips of his water.

"How are you going to tell them to stop cursing but you just cursed yourself Beth?" Adeline asked walking in holding hands with Nicholas.

"Adeline, maybe it's because their only children."

"I wouldn't say that." Nicholas mutters under his breath causing Charlie to choke on his drink and for Adeline to punch him in his side. I knew he was referring to me but it's not like Harper and Bethany knew, to be honest I didn't know Adeline knew but it was just a inside joke.

"Honey are you okay?" Bethany ask patting his back. His face showed to be a deep color red as he nodded his head fighting back a laugh.

"I'm okay it went down the wrong pipe." Bethany slaps Charlie in his shoulder making him flinch.

"I thought you were fucking choking!" She yells at him scoffing while everyone else begins laughing.

"Girls come on Bethany wants us to do a girls trip to the mall or whatever." Adeline says rolling her eyes.

She gives Nicholas a kiss on his lips before walking out the door. Bethany does the same but places a kiss on Charlie's cheek excitedly following Adeline with Harper by her side.

The front door slams just leaving me, Nicholas and Charlie.

I was about to leave also until Charlie gripped my hand pulling me into a simple peck kiss. I stare at him in confusion as to why he did it.