Chapter nineteen

Weeks went by and me and João got even closer and closer every day. We hang out basically all the time and did fun stuff. He never really stopped apologising about that one incident with Margarida.

  João was really focused on his MacBook today. It was like he was searching or trying to find something. I decided to ask him what was he trying to find.

  "I've been thinking about it. And I think I want to get cats. Two, like for each of us" he told me

  "Oh my god please! Can I look with you too?" I asked him

  "Of course linda" he said and opened his arm up so I could cuddle up to him.

  We spent hours and hours searching through every single cat on the planet. We needed to find the perfect ones for us. Since we had a large house and stairs we couldn't get a short legged cat.

  "Oh how about these?" I asked and pointed to the screen. There were two beautiful cats, one was ginger and the other one was white "They're perfect aren't they?"

  "Just as perfect as you are" Mr. flirty answered

  "Feeling flirtatious today are we?" I joked

  "How else" he said and winked. He clicked on the cats and messaged the seller.

  After some time the seller messaged us back and told that were able to take them even now. The drive from here was about two hours but we were ready to do that for two cats.

  We both ran to the closet to get some more normal clothes. We went downstairs and quickly put our shoes on. We went outside the door and João locked it. We sat in the car and he drove.

  All the way to there I was thinking about the album I was supposed to release in two months. I had a month to write it and a month to record it. But the thing is I haven't done anything since writing that song about that actress. I only had five songs ready for the album.

  The drive to the cat seller was peaceful. Outside was beautifully calm and lovely. I looked through the window.

"I'm laughing with my lover, making forts under covers
Trust him like a brother, yeah, you know I did one thing right" I said out loud

  "Is that a poem or a song?" he asked me

  "I think I'll add it to a song. As a bridge! Do you like that idea?" I asked him happily

  "I love that idea babe. I love all your ideas. You have such beautiful mind" He smiled

  I obviously blushed at his compliment. We soonly arrived at the seller's house. João decided that he would be the one getting out. He got out and knocked on the houses door. He was welcomed inside and about five minutes later he came out with a cage.

  He put the cage in the backseat so we could still see them from the front seat.

  "I got them! We have cats now!" João exclaimed. He sounded so happy

  "We do! It's so romantic isn't it João?" I smiled at him

  "It is, it definitely is" he responded to me

  I felt his hand on my thigh. This reminded me of when we still weren't together. How he used to always out his hand on my thigh and it sent tingles all around. it's not like it still doesn't, it was a bit more exciting back then.

  We both sat in a comfortable silence almost all the way back to the house. When we got back João opened the car door for me and grabbed the cat cage. He unlocked the door and we both went inside. João put the cage on the ground and opened it. He let the cats explore the house. João had already suprisingly bought all cat stuff so we didn't have to worry about that.

  We both met sitting at the kitchen island with a notebook, trying to figure out the best cat names.

  "I dont want them to sound too siblingy you know?" he tried to tell me

  "I know what you mean buy Lils and Lilias sound so great" I said in a sad tone

  "We definitely have better names for them" João said

  "How about, daylight and afterglow? Daylight would fit the ginger one and afterglow the white one?" I gave an idea

  "I love these names what. Okay then daylight is mine" he said picking her up

  "Great then I'll have afterglow." I said and closed the notebook.

  João and daylight kept cuddling and I snapped a quick picture of them. I made the picture in black and white and posted it on my story with a heart.

  I've never felt this alive

And we've made it to the 19th chapter!! I know the fic may be a bit boring now cause they're already together and nothing much can happen. Trust me it's kinda boring for me to write it too, but I hope it turns out better. Love you all!🔥