Chapter twelve

I woke up in the middle of the night. I suddenly thought of a song and I needed to play it. So I tried to get up without disturbing João and I went to the room where he had piano in.

  I sat down and started humming the melody I came up with. It sounded perfect.

  "I'm so in love that I might stop breathing, drew a map on your bedroom ceiling. No I didn't see the news cause we were somewhere else" I sang being happy with my song.

  I wanted to record the song so I could remember it in the morning and go back to sleep. So I brought out my phone and started recording. When I finished I turned around and saw João standing there.

  "Oh my god. I'm sorry if I woke you up!" I apologised

  "It was worth getting up to see you sing" João smiled "I actually came up with an lyric idea while you were singing. Mind hearing it?"

  I never knew he was the singing type.  He sat next to me on the piano stool. He started writing on a paper and when he finished he gave it to me.

Stumbled down pretend alleyways
Cheap wine, make believe it's champagne
I was taken by the view
Like we were in Paris

  "I thought this part just after those lyrics Im so In love I might stop breathing" he quietly sung almost like he was scared a about his singing voice

  "That's such a great idea oh my god! Thanks João! I'll make sure I include you in the credits" I laughed

  "Now do you want to go back to sleep please?" He asked me

  "I wouldn't mind" I said getting up from the piano.

  We both went out of the room and turned the lights off. We walked back to his room and straight into his bed. We layed down next to eachother. I kinda couldn't sleep anymore.

  "Hey João?" I asked

  "Mhm?" João answered with only a sound

  "Are you ashamed of your singing voice?" I asked completely honestly

  "I'm just not big of a singer Gus. Not like you at least" he smiled at me

  Of course I couldn't have not blushed at one of his compliments, but I felt like I knew that his singing voice would be amazing. I should make him sing sometime. I thought.

  We both fell asleep with his hand in my hair and my head on his chest.

Sorry for the short chapter guys. I kinda needed to add this moment in the story 🙏 BUT THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THIS STORY ACTUALLY!!💌