17.

Your relationship with Jihyo has been lovely so far, yeah there were still ups and down in that period of time but it felt like you had never left each other at all. All in all, it was hell in heaven. The relationship continued till graduation and everything was all and everyone was happy but I guess history repeats itself. During your graduation celebration, as usual, your aunt was out while you had fun with your friends, Jihyo's dad then come up out of the blue.

He rang the bell and you were the one to opened your front door to see him at the gate. "Where is my daughter!" he shouted. The girls who were at the living room heard his voice especially Jihyo, "dad?"

"Jihyo! Get over here now!"

She gulped as she went over to her dad slowly, "what are you doing here?" you didn't open the gate as Jihyo talked to him.

"I should be asking you that question. What are you doing here with her?"

"she's a friend, dad"

"I'm not stupid, Jihyo. From friends to lovers to ex-lovers and you expect me to believe that you two are just friends?"

"how did you find me here?"

"your tracker"

"you placed a tracker in my phone?!"

"when I realized you were getting distanced with me, I had to. I didn't want to assume but I was right. I already had my suspicion when I found she went to same school as you"

"we are just friends,dad"

"don't play with me, Jihyo"

You couldn't just stand there so you went up to him, "due with all respect, Mr Park, why do you despise me so much?"

"you are not a good match for my daughter and she needs a man to continue the bloodline" he said sternly and you were pissed by that. 

"that is Jihyo's choice to make, not yours. I understand you are her father-"

"and you don't know what's best for my Jihyo. I'm sure you understand why we parents do things like why your mother resents you"

You frowned your eyebrows. 

"don't act surprise. You were dating my daughter back then. Of course, I had to do a background search on you. The girl who killed her own sister. Your mother was furious. How you brought your older sister to her death"

"no, no, that's not true! she-"

"she tried to reach out for help but you were selfish and saw only your own needs. She was there for you but you weren't there for her"

"she had always hide her pain from our parents. I knew she was diagnosed with depression and I was there for her"

"and yet, you failed to save her. A murderer like you does not deserve happiness"

"I did not kill her! This fucked up world did! My sister is the most precious and this world took her from me!"

Mr Park maintained a straight and unconcerned look, "regardless, you failed to save her, that makes you a murderer who just let her older sister die" he then turned to Jihyo, "come Jihyo"

"she can choose her own path, Mr Park" Sana then went forward.

"I beg your pardon?"

"you may beg" Sana said and he frowned his eyebrows as he clenched his fist, "your daughter is her own person. She has every right as a human being to choose the life path she wants. I know you are looking out for what's best for her but if she is living miserably behind close doors while doing what you think is best, she wouldn't last long in this world. That's what happened to y/n's older sister. She followed her mother's word and that got her no where. You are doing the same exact thing to your one and only daughter"

"fine" he then look at Jihyo, "choose then. Me or y/n" he crossed his arms. Jihyo looked down, not knowing what to say. You looked at her, hoping so much that she wouldn't choose her dad again but unfortunately, she walked up the side gate and opened it as she went to her dad. All her friends were wide open, "Jihyo..." you said softly.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I have to follow my dad. Regardless, he's going to put me in an arrange marriage"

"I don't know what you expect, ms y/n. She could leave you back then, what makes you think that this would be any different? She is my little girl. Now, have a nice night" as he and Jihyo walked back to his car. In rage, you punched the gate in front of you and went to your room. Sana was disappointed at Jihyo as she chased after you while the girls sat at the living room quietly as they couldn't believe what had just happened. 

"wow, after all that, Jihyo still chose her dad..." Momo broke the silence.

"maybe Jihyo just waiting to be the CEO so she can get y/n back and not be under her father's control anymore?" Dahyun tried to make it positive. 

"regardless of how we see it, only time will tell. Maybe they just aren't meant to be" Jeongyeon said.