6.

"Oh? Jihyo, why are you just standing there?" Mrs Yoo asked. Jihyo was stunned, she didn't know what to say.

Jeongyeon went pass her, "was that y/n?" as Dahyun and Chaeyoung did the same, she immediately went straight to Jeongyeon's room. As she slammed the door, she leaned her back against the door as she dropped to the floor, "what is wrong with me! Why did I just do that!" Jihyo scolded herself mentally as her hands clenched onto her hair.

"she still has feelings for you" - Sana

"it wasn't your fault that the relationship ended. It was your dad" - Sana

"out of all the things I have. you're the easiest for me to throw away" - past Jihyo

As the memories rushed in Jihyo's head, she clenched her eyes shut. She got herself up again and headed towards Jeongyeon's bed.

A while later, the three girls were back. As Dahyun and Chaeyoung went back to dining room to eat their dessert, Jeongyeon went to her room, hoping to see Jihyo there and she was right.

"so there is where you have been" as Jeongyeon closed the door behind her. She then went to sit on the bed with Jihyo, "did you freeze up when you saw her?"

"I don't know what I did. It was like my legs had a mind of its own and before I knew it, I was rushing down when I saw her walking in. Its stupid..."

"I would say it is but at the same time, i would say it isn't"

"thanks?" Jihyo raised an eyebrow.

"it's stupid because you are still chasing after her even after you both broke up and it isn't because you still have feelings for her which is normal to have if you still like the person"

"Can I ask you something?"

"sure" as Jeongyeon turned her head to face Jihyo.

"what exactly happened between the eight of you to split up?"

Jihyo could see the change in Jeongyeon's eyes. It was just like Sana's when Jihyo asked the question. Jeongyeon kept her posture, "like i said before, we had our differences and we splitted up" Jeongyeon found it stupid to explain why it happened so she just gave the answer she had always gave when people asked.

The eight of them used to be inseparable but after what had happened, well, obviously people and peers would have noticed. Jeongyeon don't know how the others still feel but to her, it was like a stupid incident that she wish she could just rewind back time and redo everything.

Jeongyeon looked back at Jihyo, "you better eat your dessert before it gets cold" and Jeongyeon left. Jihyo knew what she was doing was stupid but she wanted to find out why they had broken up. She had grown curious to find out the truth.

As the night sky started to set upon the world, Jihyo waited for her driver to pick her up so she was at the rooftop balcony with Jeongyeon as they enjoyed the night sky together while the other two had already left earlier.

"Jihyo, do me a favor as friend?"

"depends on what the favor is"

"it's really simple, really"

"what is it?"

"don't you dare start searching up the truth"

Jihyo looked down and Jeongyeon sighed, "look, it's not worth it. It's already in the past and I plan to keep it that way"

"fine.." Jihyo said but deep down, she lied. She was going to find it out either way. It was mean of her but her curiousty just continued growing the more she thought about it.

"Jihyo! Your driver is here!" Mrs Yoo shouted from downstairs.

"see you tomorrow at school, Jihyo" Jeongyeon patted Jihyo on the shoulder before Jihyo got up to leave.

"you have a goodnight, dear" Mrs Yoo hugged Jihyo.

"goodnight to you too, mama"

"you adapt well, dear" Mrs Yoo smiled as she stroked Jihyo's head before waving goodbye to Jihyo as Jihyo entered the car.

"how was your day, Ms Park?" her driver asked.

"it was a roller-coaster" Jihyo answered back before her driver started to drive off.

"Jihyo! You're back!" as Sana went to hug her as Jihyo entered the room.

"didn't think you'll be so happy to see me"

"well, you are my twinnie and we're practically friends so why wouldn't I be?"

"nothing" Jihyo placed her bag down and headed straight to showers.

As she was out, Sana asked, "did something bad happened today?"

"I saw her again"

"Jihyo... You can't keep avoiding her-"

"I can and I will, no matter what"

Sana gulped and she sighed, "fine. I wish you luck then" Sana said before tucking herself in. Jihyo sighed as he hand rested on her desk.

"I can do this..." Jihyo thought to herself as she looked at her mirror.

A month or two had passed and everything was well. She got closer with her three friends especially Sana and her friends. Jihyo realised it was rude of her to dig into their past when they weren't digging into hers so she decided to stop. It wouldn't benefit her anyways.

Other than her friends, she even managed well at avoiding y/n, no matter what, in school and even outside of school. She thought she could handle this, till one day,

"I have an assignment for all of you before your mid-holiday starts" the teacher announced and all the students groaned.

"somebody wake y/n up please" the teacher said.

"y/n! Someone sold your guitar!" one of the students said and you jerked awake. you rolled your eyes as the students giggled.

"overtime work again y/n?" the teacher asked and you apologies, "sorry boss" and the students giggled.

"alright alright enough giggling. take care of yourself more, y/n"

"roger that, boss" as you saluted him.

the teacher shake his head before continuing where he left off, "your assignment before your mid-holiday. I have grouped all of you in groups of 4 randomly. No, you won't be working with your friends. I tried my best to arrange you kids. Now, your assignment is to research more about your given industries and tell me how it has grown, fallen, benefitted or destroyed the world. Basically, it's a debate. You will be debating against another group with the same industry, understood?"

Afterwards the teacher announced the names of the groups, "and lastly, group 10, y/n, jihyo, eunwoo and hyungsik. The four of you will be the working with the same industry as group 7, the music industry"

(Group 7: Jisoo, Jeongyeon, Sana, Hyungjin)

"oh no" Jihyo muttered under breath as she hid her face with her hands.

The teacher then dismissed the class for lunch. As everyone was making their way out, Sana went over to Jihyo and whispered in her ear, "no matter what, huh" before leaving. Jihyo just death glare at Sana who was walking out of the class happily.

"hey y/n" the girls then turned their attention to where y/n was.

"hey eunwoo. I know what you're gonna ask"

"so I take that as a yes?" and y/n nodded and he smiled, "its been awhile you know"

"oh don't go pouting on me. I've been busy"

"yeah sure" eunwoo playfully rolled his eyes as he waited for you to get up with your bag.

you then looked over at the four girls but didn't say anything as you look back forward and headed out.

"come on, Jihyo, let's go" Dahyun said as they made their way out of the classroom.