10.

[y/n pov]

i took this chance to finally get the answer I wanted to know for all this years, "why am i one of the easiest things for you to throw away?"

her eyes widen, "i-"

I closed my eyes in anger when hyungsik busted the door opened. I calmed myself down internally before approaching him, "you were but its fine, child" and I walk pass by him.

"I am not a child!" as he chased after me.

"sounds like it" I then noticed eunwoo going into the room. I wanted to eavesdrop but my aunt called me to help set up the table. I sighed as i went down, "coming!"

"oh I guess eunwoo and hyungsik were a big help" as I noticed the cook food.

"yup. who knew hyungsik could cut like a professional chef" my aunt complimented him.

"aww, thank you, auntie"

"who knew~" I said in a teasingly way and he nudged me.

"how was the project?"

"we aren't completely done but it's almost"

hyungsik scoffed, "almost? we have a long way to go" as he placed the plates down.

"with that attitude, you will" as I placed the cups down and he pouted.

"alright, don't fight before one of you break my precious plates" aunt said and the both of us giggled.

We then had our dinner together but she didn't come down till a minute later as she walked down the stairs, my aunt called out for her to eat dinner with us before she go. Afterwards, my aunt suggested that I sent her home which I was more than happy to but her driver had already arrived.

I always had a chill face so no one notices my mood change unless it is my tone which is something that I was happy about because after she left me, I chose to let anyone see that they got to me and I have you to thank for.

"how is your next masterpiece coming along?"

"it's going great. I just need the instrumental"

"want me to help?" eunwoo offered but I refused. I like to get in my feels when I write my songs if you know what I mean.

After everyone had left, I said goodnight to my aunt before heading to my room and continuing on with my song. As usual, it was another sad love song. My songs had always been about happy love songs and sad ones and all of them were about her. Stupid isn't it? but either way, I got money from people listening to it.

We are a sad generation.

I tuned in my keyboard and started playing around as I sang the lyrics out, "my heart only wants you~" and continued on. Afterwards, I did my nightly workout routine before heading to bed, thinking about her as usual.

The next day after school, during the ride, she asked, "so are we really friends now?"

I wanted to say no but at the same time, I wanted her close again. Was I stupid for doing it? Maybe, I don't know, "do you really want to? Even with our history?"

"you were the one who asked to be friends and yeah, i guess we could. No harm in trying right?"

"you still haven't answer my question"

"what question?"

i knew she wanted to avoid the question but I wanted my answer. 

"don't act oblivious, Jihyo. I know you remember. You're easy to read"

"exactly what Sana said.." she sighed.

"well?"

"because I could always find another lover like you" she said it bluntly. not gonna lie, it fucking hurt to have her think that way.

"noted with thanks, Jihyo" it was quiet for awhile as i continued to focus on the road, "yeah, we are friends now" I decided to clear it out before continuing my focus on the road.

Her hands were already around my stomach so she leaned in closer like a hug from behind, "I'm sorry for causing you pain" but I didn't say anything. The tears were about to flow out but I didn't let it happen.

As the day was about to end, I personally offered to send her back but she said that her driver would be picking her up. I didn't want to push it so I just let go and that's when, hyungsik took his advantage to have me send him to the station.

During the ride, he asked, "so what's going on with you and eunwoo?"

"how are you talking?" I forgot I had lended him an intercom for his helmet because he wanted to ask me about something. I guess this was it.

"what do you mean how am I talking?"

"oh fuck. Nevermind"

"well?"

"there's nothing going on between us. we're friends. Why are you so nosy?"

"hey! Eunwoo is my friend. I just wanna know"

"shouldn't he be telling you things since you're his friend" I said in a sarcastic way.

"alright alright. We became friends just yesterday. Why are you so mean?"

"well aren't you soft hearted"

"shut up but really, there's nothing going on?"

"I assure you there isn't"

"really?" he said before he mumbled, "the way he looks at you-"

"what was that?"

"huh! oh nothing" he laughed nervously but I heard him. To be honest, I had known that eunwoo had like me since our first year.

The way how he would always try to get us to hang together, how he acts, and how he would always make sure I got back home safe. At first, I didn't want to assume much but I overheard him during one of the classes when one of his friends got him to confess and that's when I had found out.

Not everyone knew but he did confess to me secretly and I told him that I was not looking for a relationship due to my last and he understood but I guess those feelings never left him and I feel bad for the boy.

After sending hyungsik off, I took back my intercom from him and I went off for a night drive with my airpods in. Yes, it was dangerous but I did it anyways. I couldn't care less if my life were to end right there and then.

As I was listening to Billie Eilish, it started to rain heavily and I was going at high speed. Failing to hold my balance with the wet road, i got into an accident and I just had to laugh at myself.