y/n

Im y/n. Im Nayeon's younger sister. I was adopted by the Im family when I was 5 after I was the only one that survived the fire accident in my house.

Since then, I've been living under their house, their rules, their love. Although I was the troublemaker of the family, they loved me regardless.. especially Nayeon..

Mom couldn't bear another child so she adopted a child, me, and there was unnie..

She was so eager to have me in her life.. i still remembered the words she said..

"mummy, i love her! i will keep her safe forever and ever! she's beautiful" - 7 year old Nayeon

and on the day I moved in,

"this is your room, y/n. you'll be sharing a room with me, your big sister, your unnie"

And whenever I made a mess, mom and dad would be disciplining me then unnie will always be there hugging me afterwards.

"it's okay, unnie is here"

Obviously, we had our fights. I would always steal her makeup when mine was done. She'll steal my food whenever I just bought them from the store. I would always put the blame on unnie when I did something wrong. She would blame me if she broke something.

But after all that, we love each other deeply. Any problems we had, we knew we could count on each other.

We tried to be friends with each other's friends but it didn't work out.

"nah its fine. we have each other" - 15 year old Nayeon

She was always the sunshine and I was the moon.

But oh haha, you should see when she's mad mad, when I got picked on. I would normally fight back but I didnt have the mood to do so.

So unnie went up to them and stood them up. It was an amazing sight to see.

She was scolding them and there I was, enjoying my meal.

We had each other and that was all that matters.

when I was 17, I met the most beautiful girl..

Park Jihyo..

We were in the same class, tablemates. She reminded me of unnie. Cheerful, organized, responsible.

She was the head of the council at such a young age. I was just the popular scary kid that was respected and feared.

I agree I was still the troublemaker that I am but my studies were at their A-game. I was even the teachers' favourites for having such high grades. Never failed one subject.

I never let anyone step over me till she came along. We got closer and eventually she became my girlfriend.

The girl that stole my heart, she was my home, my dream, my future, my all. I gave my all to her.

But she broke me.. she broke up with me the day after graduation(19 years old). To make matters worst, just a few months ago... unnie killed herself.

The text she left.. broke me.. I was having a night study and i left my phone on do not disturb mode.. So I didn't received her text..

The next morning, I was on the way home with my phone still off. When I reached home and opened the door,

"I'm home"

I realised no one was home so I decided to get some water when I saw the note on the fridge left by dad.

That's when I saw her last text.

Bunnyunnie<3: hey.. the moment you see this.. i wouldn't be here anymore. im sorry that it had to come to this. I really am. I'm just so tired. I'm so tired of this world, so tired of our parents. When will they realise that I won't be their perfect angel forever. I know you will be beating yourself up for this but just know that it isn't your fault. It never was. Believe me that it isn't. You were my everything, my little sister. I love you.

Tears were rolling down like waterfall as I immediately called for a cab and went to the destination dad had texted me.

I froze in shock. Mom was beating me up, saying it was my fault. I felt no pain... all I felt was numbness...

Dad pulled mom away as I just stood there. Tears continued flowing down.

"you monster! You killed her!" mom was cursing me but I didn't care at the moment.

My sister, my soul just gone...

All I had left was my girlfriend and my dad. Mom already resented me so dad sent me to his sister's house, my aunt.

Dad and his side of the family was fine with me, just my mom..

I still call her every now and then but she still hates me regardless of whether I still send money or have good grades, she still resents me.

"give her time" - Dad

Dad still supports me and his side of the family but

Just when I thought I could still make it with Jihyo still by my side, my motivation to continue on.....

she broke up with me a day after graduation.

She called me to meet and so I did

"I'm breaking up with you"

"my love, why?"

She didn't say anything.

"at least tell me why? did I do something wrong?"

"you aren't good for me"

I frowned my eyebrows... Why was she saying this...

"is it because I want to be an idol? I can throw that dream away for you. I'll do anything. Just don't leave me"

"y/n. out of all the things I have. you're the easiest for me to throw away" and with those final words, she just walks away.

I could have chased after her but my legs were glued to the floor as I fell to my knees.

Ever since then, that scene played in my head and I realise that "love" was nothing but a word, an action, that people take advantage of and to those weaker ones, they always lose in the end.

And now, i live by myself. I'm 23 years old, part time song-writer, part time barista and currently studying in University under business course.

My songs are well-known, my co-workers love me and so does my boss and my studies still good as ever.

During my 2nd year of university, I met her again.. Those brown eyes, those sparkling brown eyes, that I could never forget.

It was her again.. in the same class again..

She joined in the 2nd year. Her 1st year was in another university but she changed here. With enough money and good education, she was able to. Of course she was able to..

This was another challenge for me to face..

I just have to survive one more year and I'm free from her. Beside its not like I'm going to see her everywhere. Just in school.