14

Ezra's POV:

I only got to see Mia 3 times this week but finally I can see her again in the courtroom I was currently getting ready for. I had a black suit I borrowed from Luke.

Luke escorted me to the courtroom where I saw Mia sitting in the front row on my side. Probably waiting for her turn to try to convince the judge not to throw us into hell with his own bare hands.

I have already met my lawyer. She was nice. Her name was melissia.

I walked over to the seat I was supposed to sit in till it was time for my place on the stand. "Please rise." Everyone rose. "We meet her today to announce if Ezra and Mia are either guilty or innocent. Members of the jury, your duty today will be to determine whether the defendant is guilty or not guilty based only on facts and evidence provided in this case. The prosecution has the burden of proving the guilt of the defendant beyond a reasonable doubt. You may be seated." And with that everyone sat down.

"Police Jennifer Harris, Please come to the stand." A red head chick stands up and makes her way to the stand. Sending me a small glare. What the hell? I don't even know her.

The person that previously sat by her stood up and walked in the front of the room. "Now, Mrs. Harris. You are aware of the crimes Ezra has committed. Right?"

"Of course."

"And you believe that he should be punished by his actions. Am I wrong?"

"No sir, you are not."

"Now you don't mind sharing some evidence for why he should be punished for his actions and crimes?"

"Well from several occasions of being caught on camera in different states and the murders and kidnaps that were committed by Ezra are more than enough evidence."

"Okay, obviously there's no need for any more questioning. I feel like you gave more than enough evidence as well." He turned to the judge and gave a light bow. "Thank you, your honor."

Melissia patted my shoulder then got up.

"Mrs. Harris. How exactly did you know that Ezra was the person on the security footage you were recently talking about?"

"I'm glad you asked. Well even though his face was blurred from the bad camera quality, we could still do a recognition and all the strings we pulled lead straight to him."

"And the crime."

"Yeah? What about them?"

"How did you know Ezra did these crimes?"

"Oh please, I heard from many people that Ezra over there has done many bad things in front of them. Ima be honest i never saw him for the type to steal loads of guns though and fail. Pathetic."

"Objection your honor." Melissia quickly said after the police officers snarky comment.

"Objection sustained."

After a couple more questions my lawyer came back and sat down. Who was that police officer? And where did she get so much information? Wow she must hate me a lot.

"Mr. Ezra Carter. Please make your way to the stand."

Slowly rising I walk myself over to the stand and patiently but nervously wait for questions.

The officer's guy stood up and made his way to the front. "Ezra Carter. If I may ask you- Why did you commit all those horrible horrible crimes?"

Melissia stood up, "Objection your honor."

"Objection overruled."

The guy who had previously asked me the questions smirked and waited for an answer.

"I-I don't know." I quietly said.

"Of course you don't. Then tell me ''Why go shoot up a club for some guns?"

"I didn't shoot up the club." I clenched my fist. "It was the guys who had the gun. I forced his wrist and the gun up to prevent him from shooting me."

"So, instead of dying you put everyone else around you in danger."

"No I-"

"That's exactly what you did. You're a selfish little bastard who took so many lives over the years. What do you have to say about that huh?!"

"Stand down right now Mr. Olen." The judge rose from his seat.

'Mr. Olen' took his seat after apologizing.

Then Melissia came up. She was nicer than Mr. Olen gave me easier questions to try to smooth things out. I never looked at Mia because I knew I might cry if I did so. I might look strong right now but really? I'm scared for Mia's life along with mine. I'm trembling in fear on the inside.

After an hour of questioning and whatever it was, it was time for the jury to decide if I'm guilty or not guilty.

"Do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty?" The judge asks.

Silence appeared. Until my heart sank when I heard 6 words, 3 sentences.

"I do."

"I do."

"I do."

"I pronounce Ezra Carter guilty. He is sentenced to 12 years in prison or a fine of 100 million dollars for bail."

I turn around and finally look at Mia. She was in tears. I looked to get up and something inside of me just clicked.

I jump over the seats and grab Luke by his collar.before i could be any damage i was ripped away from him. Warm tears rolled down my face as I screamed and rage. "YOU PROMISED! YOU PROMISED YOU BASTARD! HOW COULD YOU! I TRUSTED YOU!"

I was physically dragged out of the courtroom. Mia was held back because she was trying to get to me before i was long gone.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!" They bring me to this one empty room that only has a small table, a toilet, a sink and a bed.

They left me there sobbing on the floor just wishing to hold Mia in my arms and help her find a way out of this so she can be free.

I miss her.

I ran to the door and just started banging and punching on the door as hard as I could. That only left bruised, blooding, stinging fists. I rip a piece of material off my shirt and start to bandage my fists.

~1 and ½ later~

It felt like an eternity sitting here.

I heard the door unlock and an annoying bastard appeared who promised Mia and Me to not fall into this hell hole.

"What do you want?'' I said coldly. My voice was raspy as well.

"Uh- h-how are you holding up?" Luke asked.

"Oh fucking amazing. Mhm, best time of my mother fucking life Luke." I state sarcastically.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I'm still trying to help, don't worry."

Silence.

"I'll check on you later?"

Silence.

"Okay.." Luke said finally and just left me alone.

The door clicked shut and locked. I just laid in my bed and let the darkness consume everything.

I love you Mia.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~1147 Words~

Heyo everyone, i know its late but me and my friend just did a chapter anyways. I hope you enjoyed the last chapter and really the whole book in general. Thank you everyone and have a good night or if it's day time for you have a good day, or evening or whatever.

Bye :).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~