6

Ezra's pov.

It's been a few days living with mia. It's not that bad..but she seems off And I don't know why. I didn't care. Did i? Mia was the only person I had left well, not counting her boss. Like if i had to give my will to someone it would have to be her.. Wow. I sat in my room thinking and writing at my desk. I often wrote down things that happened over time. Mia rushed in. "Ezra!" she smiled. "Oh hi." She handed me a letter. "This is our next mission Carter." I ripped it from her hands and read it over. We had to go to a party dressed up as a couple. And from I quote the boss "because you both like to pretend" I rolled my eyes. So we had to dress up and hit this big party. Well both be undercover and trying to steal a ring. From a girl.

I stared at mia. She hugged me. What's with the hugs? I gave her a 'get off me' look. I kinda shoved her off me. "Be ready, it's tonight." I rubbed my eyes. Then shooed her out of my room. I got ready for this dumb party. I groaned. I didn't wanna do this. I felt so mad I could cry. I stomped to her room. "MIA!" "hm?"

"I dont wanna do this dumbass assessment."

She froze. "Well you have to." I took the gun out of my pocket and stared at her.

"You wouldn't."

"I would."

"Not." Mia didn't even look up at me to see. She smiled and dug through her clothes as I held it towards her. "It looks like you didn't get any sleep Ezra..." i stared at her. Aggravated. She took the gun from my hands. "Go rest for a little, I'll wake you once we are leaving."

I made my way to my room. I just sat there dumbfounded. I didn't sleep at all. What the hell. I rubbed my eyes then my face. I felt stressed out with this whole thing with her boss. And maybe I was too scared to lose..mia?

Time skip.

"Time to go sleepyhead!'' Mia called out. I sat up and stretched. Worst nap ever. I was in my suit so of course it wasn't comfortable.

In the car.

Mia and I both sat in the back by each other. Her boss was attending too. He was in the front with one of his workers. "Act like you love each other." he said trying to lighten the mood. I reached over and touched mias thigh giving an awkward smile. She just looked out the window and didn't seem to care much. Until she put her hand on my hand. I didn't like this at all. Did i? I mentally yelled at myself.

Arrival <3

Once we got there the boss made us hold hands. So it looked like we were dating. He said with her smarts and my skills we could be in and out if we didn't mess up. The girl was easy to spot.

Mia pov.

Ezra told me to wait till she went to the bathroom. He waited by the door. Once I saw her move I followed. She stepped in and then I did. I used small talk to distract her as she took her ring off. If I did this she would accidently leave it there when she went to the bathroom. I started to ramble. She washed her hands then left her ring when she went into a stall. I grabbed it and ran out. I did a hand off trade to ezra. He put it in his pocket and walked the other direction.

Ezra pov

I made my way out back. Boss said there will be guys waiting for me. I handed the guy the ring and took the money. I ran around to the front and jumped in the car. I handed the boss the money. "Thank you Austin." (code name)

On the way back Mia seemed strange again. She didn't talk. Instead she put her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. I didn't think much of it because everyone needs to feel some comfort in their lives. And plus girls and boys can just be friends.

"You guys don't have to pretend anymore," her boss laughed. I hushed him and admired mia. She seemed so peaceful. Watching her made me even tired.

I drifted off into sleep while I intertwined our pinkies.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~756 Words~

Written by mellypoo69 for chapter 6!
Again thank you all who has shown support.

~Thank you~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~