11

Ezra pov

A few weeks after christmas. The tree and lights were all put away. I decided to go through all my old journals from when I was locked away and some recently finished ones. Mia wanted to see also. As she read page after page I could tell she was feeling bad.

Mia pov

Ezra must have been through so much. And his cellmate. I thought I was gonna cry. But I held myself together for him. "Ezra what was your cellmate's name?" he just kept reading his journals. "Ezra.'' I said again. No answer. I sat the book down and walked away. He's been like this for a few days now. I hated it. Simple things were made hard. He wouldn't even cuddle anymore. I rubbed my eyes and headed to the couch. I got under a blanket he got me. And scrolled through my phone. I heard footsteps. But they stopped when they got to me. I felt Ezra lay by me. "Hm?" he closed his eyes. He laid his head on my chest. "Ezra get up" He shook his head and stayed. "I'm mad at you go away ezra." "I don't care.."

I ran my fingers through his hair. I noticed something in his hand. I slowly pried it from his fingers. I opened the first page. It was about me. And it had the date we first met. I smiled. It seemed the whole journal was up until now. There was writing from yesterday. I read it. I was shocked. He was upset because he felt like he wasn't giving me enough. He felt guilty.. I sighed. I threw the book on the coffee table. I rubbed his back for a little. Until I felt him get up. "Babe, where are you going?" I asked. He rubbed his eyes to fixate them. He smiled when he saw me. He leaned down to kiss me. I pulled him back down on me and kept kissing him. "I love you mia: he said. "I love you to carter."

God, I love him so much.

Ezra pov

I got up to get some water. Mia followed behind me. "Hm?" I turned around and saw her. She hugged me. Of course I hugged her back. I ran my fingers through her soft hair. "Wanna take a nap?" I asked her. She nodded. I picked her up and walked to the bedroom. I flopped her on the bed. She laughed.

*After a short nap*

At that moment, I was sitting at the table eating some crackers and looking at the latest news. Mia was leaning against the counter with a glass of water until There was a knock at the door.

Mia sighed. "I got it."

Nodding, she walks over and opens the door. I heard some muffled talking but i knew it wasn't bad because our boss walked into the room and was lucky not the police.

But I mean...What would it be the police?

"I have a new mission for you to buy..it's more...Complicated? I guess." He told us.

"Well what is it?" I ask him.

He takes a deep breath and tells us about how the new mission will involve killing and kidnapping. Yea like i haven't done it before but something seemed...off...

He says it may seem easy but it may uncover or trail...Both of ours and that's why he is also gonna take part in this mission. He says that there will be children involved and to not hesitate to kill them if needed. Their faces will be covered up but if anybody figures out who we are or sees their face they need to be a dead man or woman. He says that we are there to 'take back what's ours' to 'take back guns and other weapons they stole from us.' These people are dangerous Mafias just like us. And finally, To be careful.

We talked for about an hour and a half until the boss had to get going. And so, we decided to prepare for a war that could change our lives.

A war that me and mia knew nothing that happened in yet are still fighting for stolen weapons that happen to be ours.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~715 Words~

Sorry for the short chapter but i hoped you all enjoyed it! Thank you for Mellypoo69 for writing half of this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~