01

TW: Use of drugs or mentioning of drugs

Ezra's POV:

I was sitting in my apartment alone with the lamp sitting next to me as my only source of light. I stare out the window and the tiny little droplets of rain come falling down it. I was so tired but my body couldn't go to sleep and shut off. My mind was too scared that the police were going to come bashing in and arrest me again and throw me back into my cell for me to rot in hell.

I will admit I regret my past decisions, but I can't turn back now can i? I mean, I wish I could but this isn't some fantasy where I can make a time machine and make everything I did just not happen. No. This was reality.

Thunder strikes through the night sky making my body flinch. I sigh and slowly rise from the comfortable chair I was sitting in. Reaching the kitchen, I pour myself a cup of black coffee I made this morning and then throw it in the microwave to get hot. I grab the remote to the TV and turn on Channel 7 where the news is broadcasting. As if I was on Q, they started to announce to me, a missing dangerous prisoner that escaped my, once was going to be, my forever home.

'News reporter,

"The missing prisoner has been missing for almost 2 ½ months now. Police have been scattered around to look for this lost criminal while investigators are doing the best they can for any clues of where the criminal has gone.

Surprisingly no crimes have been committed and if they have there is no way of telling anybody if it was the prisoner or not.

The prisoner's name is known to be Ezra Carter. He is a 22 year old man as of today and might be going out in designs. If you have any suspicions of anyone, please call 9-1-1 and if you are for sure its Ezra Carter then contact 9-1-1 and the number of your screen write now.

***-***-****

End of report on Ezra Carter.'

'Hmm... Still not over me yet...' I thought to myself. I pull my coffee out of the microwave and take small sips of it. In the process I made myself a bologna sandwich and decided to watch my (Anything TV show or move readers you want to put but be appropriate) and wait for the sun to rise.

***

The morning light shined bright through the window, even though it was a light gray gloomy sky today. 'Wait...' I start to panic once I realize I fell asleep. I swiftly get up and start to look around for any signs or traces that someone has been here. This happens every morning and I'm just tired of the constant fears I have. I'm scared that one day I'll wake up in the same cell I was with my cell mate who brutally killed himself because their mental health was just that bad, leaving me traumatized. We actually started to become close friends before that incident.

I calm down when I see no trace.

I go to my bedroom closet and throw on some clothes. I learned from past experiences that I should change my appearance so I'm not suspicious. I used to have messy brown hair but dyed it black, cut it and sliced it into a side part. Not the best disguise but it works.

I made my way out of the front gates of my house, walking along the sidewalk. This house was once for sale but I just took the real estate sign off of it and made it my own.

Walking through the streets, stepping in puddles every once in a while, I make it to a hidden alleyway behind an abandoned building. Once I was out of the open I ran down the alleyway to a door and opened it. I pull a dusty blanket off of this safe I have been keeping ever since my time of moving here.

I put the combination in and opened it. Drugs were piled in it. I pull out some cocaine, Methadone, etc.

I hear faint knocks coming out from the other side of the door. Cautiously I open, revealing a tall guy with a big amount of cash in his hands. I smirked and took the cash before handing the man the drugs.

"Nice doing business with you." I say.

"Yea, Whatever, you too." The man replies before shoving all the drugs in his bag.

The man scatters away and I lock up my things and head back to my place. The walk was peaceful much. The trees rustling, the wind blowing making my body give off little shivers, But that's just how it is in the springtime.

Arriving at my gates, I walk into my house. I threw my shoes in the middle of the floor, walking to my couch, then face planting it and wishing a groan.

Life was so hard.

Especially when you're on the loose and a wanted criminal is needed you could never be free to do what you want. It sucked and till this day I still regret my past decisions. Yes, I sell drugs for money but I need the money even though I'm rich, I still need some for the future, and at this rate, nobody will take me to work at a grocery store or a coffee shop unless I do a better disguise than what I have right now.

I only changed my hair, that's it.

I look out my window like I do everyday now, just to pass time. It was still a little early so people wouldn't be coming out yet.

Not long later till i started hearing cars drive past, children outside running along with their parents. I smiled at the sight. It reminded me of me and my parents.

A slight smile comes upon my face.

I walk back to the kitchen grabbing a bite to eat. It was so boring in the house at times and it's not like I can go outside 24/7 to greet people with a friendly hello and tell them how I'm the one who committed all those crimes that I regret wanna be my friend? Exactly.

I sigh and flop on my bed while I try to patiently wait for the next day to come just like I wait for any other.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~1085 Words~

Thank you everyone for whoever reads this and votes,
Truly thank you, it means a lot.

Again, go check out @Finn6769 stories.
They're great!

Thank you and i hope you Enjoyed!

Edit: Sorry everybody, just had some things to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~