Chapter 85

Intermission

3rd Person

The sky rumbled as the tyrant turned to his people and chained the most powerful to the ground.

"Why are you doing this?" a brown haired woman inquired as she struggled against the chains. "Why are you trying to destroy us!?"

The tyrant smirked and lowered his hood to reveal the face of Chaos's archenemy; Void. "Because," he purred as he traced her face and lust flashed in his eyes. "I need to defeat the Forgotten Warrior."

The woman spat and he frowned at her.

"That's not very polite, Gaea." He scolded her and Gaea tossed her head.

"I don't care."

Void pushed her away and closed his eyes and black strands connected him to his other servants.

There was much to be done.

~...~

Percy Jackson's eyes were glazed over slightly as he watched as Poseidon, Athena, Aphrodite and Alpha bickered over love, war and logic. Naturally, Aphrodite thought that love would conquer all, Athena thought logic would but Alpha and Poseidon thought it was a mixture of all three.

Then sudden pain erupted in him and he cried out in surprise and fell to the ground as he clutched his stomach.

Several deities and monsters screaming in pain as they crumbled into golden dust and Void cackling insanely over their sufferings.

Brown eyes closing and sad grey eyes staring at him.

Void standing in front of him, destroying everything in his path.

Percy forced his eyes to open and he coughed violently. Annabeth, Nico and Alpha were in front of him with equally concerned faces although Nico held a touch of sadness and Percy looked at them.

"Void," he rasped and then he bent over again. "He's gained more power then Chaos himself."

Percy looked up to see shocked faces and he closed his eyes and rested his forehead against the table.

Gods of Olympus, why did this stuff always happen? Couldn't the bad guys just try to not usurp someone else's power!?