Chapter 74

Chapter X

Percy

Pound, pound, pound, twitch, twitch, twitch, throb, throb, throb.

I raised my fingers to my temples, messaging them as the headache kept attacking at a brutal force, migraine really, but I couldn't do anything to stop it. I needed to focus on this anyways, I had to find them and... it was too easy. The raid. We had gotten the prisoners too easily but... why? What did Void have to gain from all of... this in the first place?

Other than being ruler of the universes, of course, and that was more of a curse then anything.

Annabeth screaming something in front of me, her eyes full of tears and then darkness...

I shook my head; I needed to get that vision out of my head.

A brilliant green and grey light surrounding me and a warm body next to me...

Bianca's eyes closing...

I gritted my teeth and clenched the pencil tighter. It snapped into two pieces but I didn't pay it any mind. Those darn visions, they were getting to me finally. How the hell did Nico put up with these all the time?

"Can't you do something?"

I groaned in frustration and threw my head back.

"Ow," I muttered rubbing the back of my neck. Not my best move.

"Perseus?" a familiar voice questioned and I spun around as best as I could in the chair, surprised and I met stormy gray eyes. Not Annabeth's, but they were identical.  

I choked, "Lady Athena?" The goddess smiled wryly at me and nodded. "But... weren't you missing?" I wondered a little bemusedly.

"Yes, Poseidon and I got lost." She admitted, uncharacteristically sheepish. I tilted my head, waiting for her to explain. "But we found some information on Void." She added thoughtfully.

I perked up, "I'm sure Annabeth will want to hear this, hold on a moment." I narrowed my gaze on the water bowl and it shimmered. Nothing else happened, but I was satisfied with the result. "Where is Dad?" I asked, turning back to the goddess who was watching me with sharp eyes.

"Poseidon's coming; he just got a wound on his bicep."

I felt concern rise in me, "Is he going to be alright?" I wondered out loud. Athena nodded with a smile.

"He's fine; the wound wasn't anything bad otherwise I would have forced him to stay in the infirmity." I grinned slightly, I knew she would have and she had helped me out a lot in the past. I winced, remembering the time when I had screwed up big time, yet somehow she managed to make the council agree with her and they made me a warrior...

"Percy?" I looked over my shoulder and smiled at Annabeth and my father. They walked right on in.

Annabeth

"Mom," I said with a smile as I made my way over to Percy's side. Percy greeted Poseidon cheerfully, his eyes sparkling with laughter.

"Hello Annabeth," she replied with a soft smile.

"So, Percy said that you had something to report?" I inquired pointedly, turning to my mother and... uncle? Athena nodded, her eyes darkening and the atmosphere in the room seemed to become heavier. As if a storm was approaching.

Or perhaps that was just Percy and Poseidon.

"Void's planning an attack at this moment." Athena stated bluntly. I felt Percy tense next to me and I sighed through my nose. I knew that the moment of peace would not last long.

"I suppose it was too much to hope for him to leave us alone?" Percy murmured heavily and I moved closer to him. He wrapped an arm around my waist and he opened his eyes. "How many does he have and when do you think he's going to attack?"

The two deities exchanged glances. I wondered off topically if they would ever admit that they liked each other, and then I halted that thought. "In a few days, maybe five at the most." she estimated and Poseidon nodded.

"Their forces outnumber ours at least fifteen to one, and that's if you include the people you rescued from the camp." Poseidon admitted. Percy scowled and his hand tightened on the chair.

"There must be something..."

"All the odds are against our favor." I mused thoughtfully as the atmosphere became stormier, this time I knew it was because of Percy. I saw his shadowed face so I continued on to state, "Just like they always are."

"Why is it always like this?" Percy wondered; his tone bleak and then he shook his head and his eyes darkened again. He shook his head and straightened up. I knew that he was hiding again, he didn't need to stay strong, not for me.

"Round everyone up," he commanded; his voice quiet but steady and firm. "Put the children in a safe place and tell the adults what's going on. Give them a choice to back out or not. After that's done, make sure that there are no more people left on Earth. Void will not care if they're here, innocent or not. He'll destroy them all."

Poseidon nodded and Athena entwined her fingers with his. "Stay safe Perseus, Annabeth," she whispered softly before they flashed out.

Unknown

I had to warn them, the Heir of Chaos and the Lady Nyx, they needed to know that Void had Sagittarius and Taurus and Scorpio and Capricorn. I thought they were my friends but... they betrayed me. Now, I needed to warn them against the might of the four stars.

They were unstoppable, not even Chaos could fight them if they were determined to destroy something.

I had to warn them, they couldn't die. They were this world's last hope. I could lend them my strength, I would help fight.

~...~

A blaze of glory fell out of the sky and where it landed on the ground, a man with golden hair stood up. He pushed his glasses up and looked at the temporary camp of Torrent.