Chapter 77

Chapter II

Percy

I steeled my nerves and exhaled heavily. The enemy had arrived.  What I had said was true, not all of us would survive. Void would make sure of that.

"Hold." Alpha called out calmly and I centered in on that voice. Really, how in the world did he stay calm?

Void's army surged forward, with the archenemy of Chaos riding on a chariot in the center. He met my gaze and I saw hatred, lust, loathing, greed, envy, wrath, pride (the bad kind), sloth and gluttony. I suddenly realized why those were part of the seven deadly Christian sins. This man, he was so evil that there would never be any possible redemption for him.

"Hold!" Annabeth called out, her voice echoing through the almost eerily silent valley. It was as if sound had been cut off. I crouched, instinctively getting into an offensive stance. Almost time...

Sound must have been turned on. "GO!" we all cried at the same time and my people roared. Annabeth and I darted forward, our fingers intertwined as we reached up to the sky and pointed ahead of us. The wind picked up and pushed the enemy back. I lowered my hand and a wall of water and earth erupted out of the ground, startling the enemy.

The sky darkened as Nico's hand rose into the air. The Earth began to tremble as skeletal hands and cursed jewels erupted out of the ground.  

I looked at Annabeth and she nodded. We separated and I kicked a monster back and held my hand up to the sky.

"We call upon the power to strengthen our comrades'!"

Don't ask me why we waited until now. I didn't know, it was all Annabeth's plan.

Golden light soared through the sky and surrounded our allies. The titans and giants roared and I resisted the urge to grin. Luke and Zoe headed off toward Kronos, Thalia and Nico went toward the giants and I looked at Annabeth and held my hand out.

I asked her, not really doubting the answer, "Ready to take down Void?"

Annabeth tossed her head playfully and her smaller palm rested in mine. "You don't even need to ask."

Annabeth

With that, Percy and I charged forward at the same time. I held my arm out and a sword materialized out of nowhere. I knew that the sword would be better at the moment. I lifted it and spun away from Percy and swung it around in a wide arc. Monster dust exploded over me and I coughed some of it out of my mouth.

Yuck.

I glanced over to my right and saw Bianca and a teenager fighting back to back against an incoming hoard of monsters, but they seemed to be holding off pretty good.

The teenager's fighting style reminded me a tiny bit of Percy's.

"Duck!" the Heir of Chaos suddenly called out and I obeyed his order instinctively. A sword went sailing over my head and hit the giant that had been about to trample me in the heart. I couldn't even remember its name, was it Juno's bane?

I looked over my shoulder and stared at Percy in shock, but his eyes were fixated on the giant as it began to wail and crumple into golden mist.

Didn't you need a god's help to destroy the giants though? Apparently not, or at least, not for Percy...

"You need to pay attention," Percy warned as he crossed over to me and helped me up. The sword materialized in his hand and... it looked like Riptide except that the metal was black and it seemed to be creating shadows. "See?" he sounded a little exasperated and I blushed slightly. "This is Storm Bringer." He sighed and he glanced up. His eyes widened with shock and he tackled me.

I rolled away and stood on my feet, him just a half second behind, and we stared up at the giant. He sent me a 'what did I tell you?' look and I winced. The giant roared, probably angry about the fact that he hadn't gotten his meal and I raised my sword.

Ignis.

Percy slashed out and the giant cried out as Storm Bringer sank deep into its flesh. I switched my sword for my knife at lighting fast speeds and jumped onto the stupid beef head.

Percy must have worn off on me a little.

The Heir of Chaos kicked out and the giant went flying back. I jumped off of it and changed my knife into a sword in midair and swung down. I thought that the light surrounded me, but I wasn't sure.

The giant wailed and became a giant pile of monster dust. I gagged slightly and shrank Ignis back into a knife. Percy raised an eyebrow at me and I shrugged.

"You've worn off on me."

He smirked slightly and shrugged, "Perhaps a little." I wondered if he was hiding something but didn't say anything.

Void*

I watched as the potential Heir of Nyx climbed onto the giant and erupt into a silver blaze of glory. I felt the newfound interest rise as she practically single handedly slew the giant with only her sword.

The Heir of Chaos' eyes softened slightly and I felt my eyebrows lift in surprise. So, his feelings were so strong for her that he could smile in the face of a war?

I needed to destroy. The Heir of Chaos was my enemy, just as Chaos himself was. I would destroy everything that he saw and held dear, starting first and foremost with his country. But first, I needed the gods to come back to life.

It would be more fun to watch everyone suffer, after all.

"Kronos," I called out to the titan and he turned to look at me, his Scythe raised as he stopped in midswing. I smirked slightly and my eyes rested on the Heir of Chaos. It is time to pay. "Unleash the gods."

I didn't bother to look at the ten dull bronze light. It was Percy Jackson's face that I looked at.

The fun is just beginning, Perseus Jackson.

The Forgotten Warrior blinked, and then his gaze turned to rest on me.

You call this fun Void? His tone echoed calmly in my mind and I felt my eyes widen. His power had grown. Well, I call this war. Don't expect for me to hold back.

I raised my head and smirked. Finally, after so long, he was willing to play. I was excited.

*...have I ever written in his POV before?