~~chapter 22~~

**Alan's p.o.v.**

"Are you sure?!" I yelled tears streaming down my face now.

"Sir you can go up to Rover and find out for yourself but there's No way. Nobody Her size would survive that amount of blood loss. Did you know she only weighs 90 pounds? Sir she's severally anorexic."

After she stated that I thought back to all the times we went out to dinner or lunch.

She never ate anything.

If she did it was small or healthy.

How have we not noticed this?

"But she's strong! They said someone her age and size wouldn't survive a heart attack and if she did she'd have brain damage but she lived! And she was completely fine! Look me in the eyes and tell me she has a zero percent chance to live! Tell me regardless of anything we do she is going to die!"

"10% at most sir. But don't get your hopes up."

"Okay. Then I'm going up to Rover and I'm taking Austin with Me."

"Sir Austin carlile can not leave the hospital."

"Listen to me damn it, that's his daughter. If she dies he deserves To see her one last time, he deserves to say goodbye to his little girl and God damn it I'm gonna give it to him!"

She looked at me with eyes full of sorrow.

"Come with me sir." She said as she stood from the counter.

I did as she said and followed her into a little room.

She opened a drawer and pulled out two syringes.

"Here." She said holding them out to me.

"What is this?"

"It'll keep Austin alive off of his IV stand.
Give him the red one before he leaves the hospital. Give him the clear one in case he goes into cardiac arrest, passes out, or has a seizure." She paused and looked at Me.

I took them out of her hand.

"Inject them into His biceps. I don't want to see him get hurt. Please be careful."

I put them in my Jacket pocket and looked at her.

"I Will I promise, Thank you." I said and hugged her.

"Don't tell anyone I gave you those."

I nodded and turned and made my way back up to Austin's room.

I thought about what I was gonna say to Austin.

I decided I'm not gonna tell him exactly what's going On.

I opened the door to find Pamela sitting on the bed with Austin.

"Alan so what's going on?!?" He yelled nearly falling off the bed.

"She's at Rover county medical. Were gonna go find her."

"But I can't leave Alan."

I pulled the syringes out of my pocket

"Yes you can."

"Pamela disconnect him from everything."

"Alan..."

"Pamela we don't have a lot of time just trust me on this."

She nodded and started taking out his IV and his heart monitor as well as everything else he was connected To.

"Austin hold out your arm."

He did as I said.

I took the red syringe and held it up to his bicep.

I looked at Austin who was looking at me with concern.

"Were gonna go find your daughter." I said and smiled trying to reassure him.

I stuck the syringe into his arm And drained it all into his arm.

He laughed a bit which caused me to look at him.

"I was expecting that to hurt worse."

I laughed at him and removed the empty syringe from his arm.

Austin got up and went to put on his shoes. He kinda wobbled a bit but at least he could walk.

"Hey Alan I think there's one thing you didn't think through." Pamela said pointing over to Austin's bare ass that was showing through his hospital gown as he bent over to tie his shoe's.

"Oh God Austin put that away. " I Joked covering my eyes.

He quickly stood straight holding his gown shut.

"Pamela there's a room across the hall where everyone's clothing are stored go find him some clothes, they don't have to be his as long as they fit." I said laughing.

She laughed and shook her head as she walked out of the room.

She returned five minutes later with a pair of pants and a shirt.

Austin put them On and we walked out of his room And out to the car.

"Hey Pamela did you ever tell the guys to meet us here?"

"No I forgot."

"Text Aaron and Tell him to bring the guys and meet us at Rover county medical."

She nodded and helped Austin into the passenger seat and then climbed into the backseat.

The drive up to Rover seemed Like eternity.

We sat in silence the whole car ride.

"Alan what if she's not okay?" Austin said to me choking back tears.

"Austin, I don't know dude. I wanna tell you everything will be fine but I can't guarantee that, all I can promise is that she is very strong and she's made it this far and she won't give up without a fight and if by chance she doesn't make it we will all be here for you." He nodded turning to the window.

"Austin, I love you dude. You're my brother. You aren't gonna be alone through this, I promise.

"Thanks dude, I love you to."

When we pulled up To Rover county medical I jumped out of the car and ran in leaving Pamela to help Austin In.

I ran to the counter and got asked a question I've heard to many times the past four days.

"How may I help you sir?"

"Jessi Carlile, she was just taken up here from saint Jude."

"Let me check my system." She paused and Austin in Pamela came up to the counter next to me.

"Hmm, It seems that she was just taken to surgery she's gotta get her chest stitched up and she also needs a blood transfusion."

"How long will that take?"

"I don't know sir a couple hour's."

"Well is she okay? Is she gonna live? "

"Well sir that depends on a number of different factors. She's very under weight, she was already recovering from hypothermia and a major heart surgery, she's lost a substantial amount of blood, and she laid on her hospital room floor for who knows how long bleeding out. Now in my medical opinion and from what I've seen in the past any similar cases the patient has not made it and it doesn't seem to likely that she will."

"My baby's gonna die?" Austin choked.

"Sir I'm Sorry, the doctors are doing everything they can."

"Mr carlile?" We heard behind us and we all turned around.

"Yes?" Austin said clearing his throat.

"It's Jessi."

"What about Jessi."

"She's alive."