XIII - Hope

The police station was colder and darker than the last time and I am not talking about temperature or lights. I could feel negative vibes all over the place.

Perhaps I was looking at the cops from a different perspective. Matt told me some of them had been compromised before. They worked for Fisk. We had to be extremely careful.

"Hello, we're here to visit Mr. Dylan Stewart. We are his lawyers" Matt said at the reception.

"One second" the man answered while searching for Dylan on his computer. "We never had anyone here with that name"

"Yes, you did. He came back yesterday and-" I started until I got interrupted by Matt.

"I just realized we're on the wrong place. I am so sorry. Bye" he said grabbing my arm and pulling me out of that place quickly.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"He pressed a help button as soon as I said Dylan's name and I heard many people coming. They have been waiting for us. This is why I didn't want you to come here by yourself"

  I would never imagine how dangerous something like this could be. We had to run and go through the fire escape ladder of a building to make sure we wouldn't be found.

We reached the top. The view of the city was incredible. We saw a group of cops clearly looking for us outside the police station, Matt could hear them talking, so we had to hide.

"Do you do this everyday?" I asked remembering how he is Daredevil.

"Sometimes. What's the matter? Are you afraid?"

"A little. These buildings are tall"

"I won't let you fall" he said showing me his hand for me to hold it.

  I held his warm hand and suddenly I wasn't afraid of highs anymore. I felt safe. The buildings were connected to each other which made it easier for us to jump from one building to another.

As we reached the last building of the street, the next one was too far for me to jump. I had no practice and would never risk my life like that. There was a door to get inside the building we were at, so we went through it.

"They saw our faces, are we ever gonna be safe?" I asked.

"We will. We just need to be careful"

"We shouldn't have done this"

  We left the building, still holding hands, trying to act normal around everyone.

"Jessica lives nearby"

"The P.I?"

  He nodded and we walked towards her place. Matt knocked on her door hoping that she would be home.

"Does she know we're coming?" I asked.

"She will"

  Jessica opened the door, stared at me from head to toe without saying a single word for a while. "Murdock?" she mumbled.

"It's been a while! I need your help" he answered.

  We got into her apartment and Matt began to tell her what was going on since the very beginning. She didn't seem very happy or interested as she kept drinking whiskey and staring at me with in a weird way.

"Matt, I don't think she cares. We're wasting our time here"

"You're right, I don't care" she answered "but I will help you. I'm sick of hearing about that bald guy ruining the city"

  I tried to smile at her, trying to show some sympathy. She was going to investigate and try to follow Fisk's men around the city. Matt would help at night as Daredevil. I had to wait. There was nothing I could do but pray that they would find Sarah.