VI - Moments

I woke up with the sun hitting my face the next morning. Matt wasn't next to me anymore, so I got up to look out for him. The pain wasn't gone. In fact, felt like my body was aching even more than the night before. I bumped into Matt as soon as I opened the door of the room.

"Oh! Hi. Good morning" I said.

"Good afternoon" he answered.

"What time is it?"

"two o'clock. Your parents tried to call you this morning"

"I can't believe I slept that much. And yeah, I have to call them back before they freak out. If only they knew what's happening"

"You didn't tell them?"

"No. My dad's health isn't the best right now. I can't say anything"

"Where are they?"

"They live five hours away from here. Anyway- What's new?" I asked changing the topic.

"The cops found Dylan. I'm sure he spent the night at the police station"

"Finally good news!"

"Absolutely" he said showing me his beautiful smile. "And don't worry, you're safe here. Foggy and I will make sure nothing bad happens to you"

"I would've felt way safer if I knew you were friends with Daredevil" I said before laughing.

"Yeah, he is a very private guy. I'm ordering something for us to eat"

  That place seemed to have been an apartment before being an office. It was very complete with a kitchen and even a shower in the restroom. It was far from being a home, but it had to be mine for the next days. Matt and Foggy made sure to give me anything I needed.

Almost a week later, I was still there. Seeing Foggy and Matt working on their computers, having meetings, and trying to find solutions was driving me crazy. I know these things can't be solved from one day to another, but I missed my life more than anything.

"Dylan was released from the police station" Matt told me making me upset and imagining my whole life collapsing again.

  The only good thing about being kidnapped was that Matt and I never argued again. He seemed more patient, kind and sweet. Which I absolutely loved. I couldn't say I fell in love with him.

I was too broken inside to trust someone again. But he did make me feel great. In a way that I never thought it would happen. Matt was a very attractive man. Maybe those were the only butterflies I suddenly began feeling.

"I know you're upset, but don't worry. We're one step closer to prove your innocence and I won't let him come after you ever again" Matt continued.

"How am I supposed to feel like after knowing he's out there somewhere nearby?"

"I understand. I have an idea"

"What is it?" I asked dying of curiosity.

"How about- Tonight ordering your favorite food, some ice cream, put some good music on, forget about the problems and try to make each other laugh?"

"I would like that very much"

"Good. I'm gonna buy some drinks"

"Sarah told me she was on her way here"

"Either way you wouldn't be alone, Foggy is still working next door"

"That must be the main reason why she's coming" we laughed "I'll take you to the door" I said helping him crossing my arm with his.