XXX - The Crash

"I am going to need your help" was the text message I got from Matt's phone after not seeing him for about a month.

Thursday afternoon at work. Matt and I never really stopped talking. We stayed in touch, just not as much as before. My love for him stayed intact. We only promised each other we would wait and give ourselves some time until the situation with Elektra was sorted. I could only wonder if it was in fact solved or not, however, his messaged did not seem to be in vain. It was worrying me for a reason, so I tried to call him multiple times. He never answered the phone.

"It's Dan, by the way" I received in another message. "I will call you in a minute".

He did as he said.

"Hello?" I answered the call from Matt's phone. It was indeed Daniel Rand, the guy I had met the last time I saw Matt. "What's wrong?"

"First of all, don't freak out. Matt should be fine"

"Should!?"

"He gave me his phone just so I could call you. We need your help"

"How can I help?"

"We need you to bring a pen drive to us"

"Is that urgent?"

"Yes, Ava. I need you to go to my office. We don't have much time. Go to Rand Enterprises, act naturally, get in the elevator on the left hand-side of the of the main doors-"

"Woah! Are you serious!?" I questioned interrupting him from such weird plan he was making.

"Please, listen! If you really want us to finally end The Hand, you need to bring us that pen drive as soon as possible!"

Seemed like a very serious situation.

"Get in the elevator, you will find a touch screen. Press 'admin' followed by the code 736923. Did you get it? That will lead you to the last floor where my office is"

"736923. Got it" I repeated as I tried to write it down on a paper. What if I am stopped by security?"

"I am sure you have learned something with Daredevil. You will find a way not to be stopped"

I started questioning myself about what he had said and if I was capable of doing such crazy thing.

"Ava, do it for Matt. They have him"

"What!?" I yelled.

"The pen drive is connected to my laptop on the desk. I left it there to download everything we need. It should be ready now, so go! You can do this! I have to go now"

"Wait, where am I supposed to meet you then?"

"I will send you our location through text. Bye"

That gave me no other choice but to be part of their mission. Can I call it a mission? Whatever it was, I was on it and had to give a quick excuse to my boss to let me leave work earlier. Not that I needed her permission. This was way too important and I was leaving either way.

"Ava, I didn't want to say it this way, but- I've been constantly noticing certain things on your- Your change of humor sometimes, you are constantly feeling ill, I even think you got a bit of weight which says a lot about how you feel" my boss started after I gave her a lame excuse about having to go home.

"I am so sorry, I promise I will try to avoid it from now on, but today I really have to go home earlier" I told my boss thinking she was about to fire me.

"Look, there is not problem at all. All I am trying to say is that you really need to go to a doctor. I think you're pregnant, honey" she caught me by surprise leaving me completely speechless.