X - Trust

The night was cold and I was physically tired from waking up early that morning thinking it would be a long day at court. None of that stopped me from walking home. Foggy's place was only a few blocks away and I needed to think. Going for a walk usually helps me.

I needed to think about my life, what I truly wanted and how I felt. My heart breaks whenever I think that I might have changed. I wasn't that cold before. Dylan took all my confidence and trust alongside my money.

As I was approaching my street, I heard a familiar voice speaking to me. "Ava?" I turned around to face Dylan.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked with tears falling down my face.

"Please, listen to me. I made some mistakes in the past. I dealt with the wrong people and they're now using me against you"

"Are you talking about Wilson Fisk?"

"Shh! Don't say that name out loud! He's way too dangerous"

"Why did you do that?"

"You know I needed money. He promised me the world"

"So you hurt me multiple times, cheated on me and then took all my money with you? You ruined my life"

"He would have killed me if I didn't have the money. I had no choice. And I didn't mean to cheat on you"

"You still did. Bye, Dylan. It's over"

"Just give me one more chance. Please"

"I'm calling the cops if you don't leave me alone"

"You can call them, but tell them you no longer want to press charges against me. I can make you happy again. Let's go back to normal. We were so happy"

"You ran away from prison, you're in trouble anyway"

"I didn't run away. Fisk took me out of it"

"He shouldn't have"

"Ava, please" Dylan sigh and came closer to me.

"Please stay away from me"

"How can I prove you I'm innocent?" he said grabbing both of my arms.

"In court" another voice said coming out of the back of a building. It was Daredevil, the guy who saved me once before. "Didn't I tell you to stay away from her?"

"Yes, and you broke my toe when you said it" Dylan answered looking scared.

"Good. I'll break another one if you don't get out of here"

"I want to change. I love her"

"He's only trying to manipulate you, Ava"

Somehow, Daredevil remembered my name and I can't even remember if I had told him in the first place. Maybe Matt did. They knew each other.

"Dylan, if you really are that innocent, go to the police station and do what they tell you to. Show up in court. That's the right thing to do" I said.

"I will do that for you" he answered me before running away.

"I'll go after him"

"No!" I made Daredevil stop. "Don't bother"

"What? Why? I can easily take him to the cops"

"I know you can, I just- Low-key want to see if he's really going to do it"

"Do you really believe that? After everything he's put you through? I thought you were smarter than that"

"I don't know what I am or what to believe anymore" I sighed driving my hands to my face to cover my tears.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude" Daredevil said while giving me a hug. "You're not safe on the street, let me take you home"