Seventeenth Chapter: Birthday Bash

Devante
June 10, 1989
Jojo's Birthday

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to Jojo happy birthday to you!" Everyone gathered around the layer chocolate cake on the table In the decoration room who was celebrating the biggest year ever.

"What. Is that how It go?" K-ci said in a raspy voice as he thought they sung the version of the song wrong. 

 "What you are talking about K-Ci" Dalvin said sounding drunk while enjoying the lifestyle too much. 

K-Ci Immediately rubbed his eyes thinking It must be the drinks. "Nothing everything cool" 

"Aw thank you guys this so nice what you did" Jojo said as the beautiful Kim Porter directed him over to get his first piece.

"Oh let me get that for you since you the birthday boy." Kim says giving him his first piece of cake.

Devante just stood back watching Kim and Jojo flirt as they didn't give a fuck where they was.

"Thanks beautiful" Jojo said smiling over at Kim.

Kim smiled back as she picked up his plate with cake and Ice Cream for him. "No problem"

Devante just couldn't believe what was happening right now as he didn't know what to feel after this.

Both of them talked all night long Jojo didn't get up and move he stood there listening the whole time Kim talked.

"That's good Jojo meeting new people him out of all people" Dalvin said sounding like he was hating lowkey as he shoved his mouth with cake.

Devante smacked his teeth as he looked at Dalvin trying to make It all about himself again like what K-ci does to Jojo.

"What are you talking about don't get mad cause Jojo pulling girls and you ain't getting no play!" Devante said chuckling.

"Whatever by the way who is that pretty little thing right there looking right at you?" Dalvin said pointing at some girl with the brown haired weave chilling in the cut.

Devante knew all eyes was on him that's why he didn't look surprised when Dalvin brought it to his attention but he looked and turned his head anyway seeing Myla and her friends watching him and Dalvin across the room.

"Oh that's Myla who I was telling you about do you remember" Devante said waving at Myla while trying to be friendly as for Dalvin he was so confused.

"That's her?" Dalvin said looking again before he thought about something.

"Yeah but we just friends" Devante said as Dalvin gave him a look.

"No y'all not I can tell" Dalvin said not believing It was Innocent as Devante was In Denial.

"We're fool!" Devante said getting defensive.

"You ain't got to lie" Dalvin said In a sarcastic tone. "I know what I'm talking about"

And that's when Dalvin walked off while grabbing a girl hand to go with him so he could talk to leaving his brother Devante there alone.

Devante looked around the room wondering who should he talk to now as he was able to take a chance to go over to Myla because the more he looked at Myla he could tell she wanted him to speak to her.

Devante had a lot of confidence too walk up to Myla and asked. "Hey y'all ladies good?"

Myla turned around to face Devante after she stopped talking too some friends she was there with chilling at Jojo's birthday party.