𝐷𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝐵𝑒 𝑆𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦, 𝐶ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑.

"It's Beautiful..."
You gasped softly to yourself.
Out in front of you lay a vast land.
Green grass and trees growing over the uneven terrain.
The ponds and lakes shining like blue liquid lapis as it snaked through paths created or stay still with movements made by the surrounding inhabitants.
Snow-covered mountain tops in the far distance, fog hanging over them as though it were a blanket.
Warm sun lighting the land, rocks and caverns scattered over Odin's domain.
The ocean far ways out.
Creatures of many swim and thrive in their salty home.

Home to Jörmungandr, as well.
You were told many stories of the world serpent growing up but you had never had the privilege to lay your gaze on him.
You could see the forest area opposite the ocean. Trees bigger than youd ever seen before, dark and mysterious as it hides whatever lurks inside.
Looking closely you could see birds soaring the open skies with very few fluffy clouds to be spotted.
On the ground little creatures native or farmed could be just made out.
Well this is what you could see as you stood on top of Asgards wall.
You felt on top of the world and alive as the wind danced over you. Feeling cold and refreshed as the breeze went through your hair and clothes.
Taking deep breathes as the air was thinner but cleaner on top of the wall.

Heimdall a few feet away from you, watching and looking down the walls surface.
You watched him for a few moments.
You couldn't help but feel bad for what had happened earlier, it was inconsiderate and poorly executed.
You understood why he acted like he did in response to your indignant attitude.
You would have lashed out too, probably worse.

His eyes and the pain engraved in them as they stared into yours was a memories burned into your brain.
"Heimdall."
You called out softly, jogging up to him. He turned to you, a soft expression.
"What did I say?"
He asked, although he didn't sound angry or upset anymore.
He was calm now. Maybe the open area helped calmed him. Lack of air maybe? You weren't sure but you weren't gonna question it too much.
"I know I just wanted to apologize.. "
"Oh I know."
You stopped where you were, holding your hands together, picking at loose skin as you watched him scan the area beyond the barrier. You moved your gaze where he was watching.
Youd been up here for some time now and you wanted to make things right.
"I can see your intentions."
He glanced at you, your heart racing you lowered your gaze to the floor.
"Come. Sit."
You raised your head, giving a confused stare as he walked to the edge of the wall and sat down, letting his legs fall over the edge.
Was this a trick? Was he gonna push you off? Was this a good idea? Why was he so calm?
"Y/N. Just sit down."
Walking over, you crouched down, sitting a metre or so from the god. Not wanting to disturb his piece of mind from getting to close. You kept your eyes on the moving land below.
Moments went by before he said softly,
"Her name was Amora."
You didn't move, just breathing calmly and looking forward. The same tight feeling in your chest arising again. Holding your hands tight together you just listened as he continued.
"She was an Asgardian. We met when she was a right hand valkyrie to Odin's valkyrie chief.. she was independent...had a strong will about her."
He chuckled after he spoke.
A genuine chuckle.
As though the memories weren't all sad after all. As though there were little happy memories planted in the back of his mind.
You gradually turned your head as he continued on.
"She, as you know, passed on. I...I snapped at you so harshly earlier today because she meant a lot to me. We were..close."
Heimdall's voice was breaking against his will. He shook his head looking in the opposite direction of you as he clenched his hand.
Concerned you reached out, grazing his knuckles softly with a finger.
This was the first time hed let you touch him without it being hasty or for a tactical reason. His knuckles were rough but as you reached the crease of balled up hand he eventually stopped tensing, feeling how soft his skin was. Your fingers lacing his palm very gently, sending chills down both eachothers bodies. He looked forward again as you leaned away again.
"You..haha..You are so much like her. Your attitude. The way you fought me. The way you are so free in such a confined area."
He looked at you as you both stared into each other eyes. You had no idea to respond. All you could think was how he seemed as though he generally was interested when both of you sparred. Like everything you did he examined and kept a note of subconsciously. Like you meant more to him then just young adult finding their footing in society with their new apprenticeship with a god.
Heimdall shook his head again, wrinkled his nose in a displeased manner. Like he was holding back tears of his own.
"I'm sorry."
You sounded not pathetic and weak rather as if you were trying your hardest comforting him. Heimdall wouldn't want you to baby him so your voice stayed the same, almost monotone.
Without looking you moved over closer in his direction. Getting almost a breathes length, you leaned hesitantly.
Your mind quiet but your heart thumping against your rib cage like it was trying to jump out of you and off the cliff.
"Don't be sorry, child."
Hiemdall's voice soft as silk, he relaxed his body.

An intrusive thought won and you took the opportunity to rest your head on his shoulder. You felt his body tense again under your touch but he didn't reject your attempt to lean on him. His body easing again you let out a sigh. He smelt of honey, leather, and butter. You didn't mind it as you sat there, the sun setting slowly but surely, mainly cause you got woken up late, around noon. You let your eyes half close, your pupils dilating into large circle, expressing the happiness through them.
He didn't move, but you could feel his chest and stomach rise and fall timely with his breathing.
You dare not disturb this moment for the life of you.
You felt the anxiety melt away from your mind as you closed your eyes.
Heimdall hair glowing gold in the sun and his face content he leaned his head back and enjoyed the last ounce of sun before it put another day to rest.
The two of you just sitting together, leaning in eachother on a massive wall in the now passed sunset.
You knew right then and there everything was about to change for you two.