𝘐 𝘕𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘛𝘰 𝘒𝘯𝘰𝘸.

"Heimdall.."
The mood was now soft. And pleasant. There was no continental drift between the two of you. But there was one brewing, and you could feel it in the depths of your existence. It had been churning for a ehile now.
"Yes, my love?"
He was standing by your window, folding and sorting your clothes from boxes.
Shirtless once again and he seemed to not mind. He was wearing pants from before and as you dazed at him blankfully he was a simple blur to you.
"Why was I put with you?"
The question seemed simple but it was not.
You remembered the day you got the papers you skimmed them, saying you were placed because you were an asshole but also for reasons of Asgard's own.
Confidential reasons.
You weren't sure and you were anxious to find out.
"Y/N, you ask that now? We just-"
"I know. I know, alright, but I was never told what the confidential side of this agreement was, and I want to know."

There was silence.

"I need to know."
There was a sigh and a tap on the wood of his hands resting down. Leaning his body weight onto the wood and rubbing his face as he lifted a hand you could tell there was something disturbing playing in his head.
"Heimdall, I can't read your mind..you have to tell me."
"I cannot."
"Why?"
"Because-"
"I know something's going on, why the bracelet-"
"Y/N.."
"I mean I could have died!"
"Y/N-"
"And I overheard you and the..men talking and with Baldur's death-"
"Y/N!"
The tension build up was too much and his voice filled and silenced the room equally.
Staring at him as he walked over and sat next to you.
Seeming as though he had a headache from your questions and comments.
He took your hand in both of his.
"Y/N, I cannot tell you as I do not know."
"Don't lie to me.."
"Don't think so poorly of me."
You scowled and took your hand back forcefully.
"If you leave.."
Heimdall's eyed you, his expression becoming solemn.
"Why would I leave..?"
"Don't mind it..can we sleep?"
"Of course..move over."
He lifted the blanket and slid underneath with you, his body adding extra warmth to yours as he wrapped his arms around you. You lifted your head and rested it back down onto his quiet muscular arm and placed a hand on his chest.
He was soft and comforting. He had become a shield of chaos and violence yet conciliation and..Love.
"Heimdall.."
"Yes?"
"I need to tell you something."
"What might that be?"
"I..love you."
No response, and from that brought anxiety and ill will into your heart.
Frozen in place you dare not react, afraid of his answer.
"It's alright, sweetheart.. I..Love you..too."
The words from his mouth seemed foreign and almost unrecognisable coming from him.
Your anxiety withered away and as you pulled the covers to cover your shoulder and down you held onto him.
"I'm happy.."
"Me, too..me, too."

. . .

You arise early, and with Heimdall peacefully laying on your stomach and chest you decided you needed air.
Pushing him off and seeing the beautiful day you hurried to get dressed.
Last night's activities stayed in the bed where they were played out. The night became a core memory, you couldn't forget it.

Leaving was easy.

You felt the welcoming morning air leave trails of goosebumps over your cheeks, your eyes watching the surrounding areas. You weren't fully in the moment but you were drifting in and out.
Yesterday's job flashing you back Snapshots of memories.
Everything made such little sense as you felt as though you were only gone mere hours.
You were gone for a whole day. And it felt like nothing.
But something.

Anikka's death made you feel nothing except guilt. The poor family and poor Mimir had to deal with her corpse. You missed Mimir, the time spent with him was too long ago and too short. He reminded you of the life you had. You mourned for that knife. Everything now was ridiculously busy.
You were not sure what they might have buried her. Or even if she got the pleasantries of a burial.
Something you didn't want to think too hard on.